United States Postal Service
- Generate story ideas and determine the focus of each issue of employee publications.
- Research information necessary to write articles for publication, using computer databases and other sources to develop background information.
- Oversee writing assignments given to other staff to ensure deadlines are met. Provides guidance and training when appropriate. I edit the work of other writers.
- Conduct interviews and gather needed information for articles.
- Write and perform the majority of final editing of articles that will appear in employee publications.
- Oversee all activities for the design and layout of publications produced by the Corporate Communications Center to ensure a professional quality appearance.
- Research, write and edits feature material for special interest business and trade publications.
- Develop, write and edit promotional information materials to support philatelic and marketing objectives.
- Write speech drafts, briefing materials, background profiles and correspondence.
- Coordinate with printers, designers, and other outside contractors to ensure timely completion of the employee publications and other printed materials.
- Perform general administrative duties as required for the Corporate Communications Center.