Director of Youth Engagement & Policy
Rescue | The Behavior Change Agency
- Develop and manage grassroots policy change and health communications campaigns for local and state health agencies, including campaign strategy, messaging development, material development, budget management, data analysis, and reporting
- Manage a talented team of policy campaign managers and field organizers responsible for on-the-ground campaign implementation in Oklahoma, Virginia, Vermont, and New Mexico
- Work with my team to develop all necessary materials for each campaign, such as videos, commercials, websites, event collateral, fact sheets, toolkits, and email action alerts
- Lead the planning and execution of PR/media events and review all associated media materials, such as reports, infographics, fact sheets, media advisories, press releases, press kits, and blog posts
- Oversee and continuously improve our supporter recruitment and mobilization strategies, including the management of on-the-ground events
- Utilize digital advocacy strategies to recruit supporters, build momentum, drive frequent and coordinated online and offline action, and move supporters up the ladder of engagement
- Build and maintain relationships with third-party organizations, partners, community leaders, and/or coalitions
- Assess the readiness of communities to change certain policies and encourage clients to pursue relevant policy change efforts.
- Work with youth field organizers to maximize youth engagement policy change efforts.
- Lead growth of campaign team, which includes duties such as hiring, evaluating performance, and mentoring
- Bolster team-wide public health and advocacy/organizing knowledge base, including leading internal staff briefings and developing internal best practice documents.