Recent graduate with almost 2 years’ experience in hotel, food & beverage, and banquets including supervisory roles. Participated in all phases of event management including conference / convention planning, set-up, serving and post-event follow up.Recognized for commitment to exceptional communication and coordination of details between client and all internal departments. Passionate for the fast pace of behind-the-scenes activity while maintaining the calm and focus necessary for creating the ultimate guest experience.
Marketing and PR Coordinator
Increased awareness of Adventure Outings among students and people in the local community by creating marketing campaigns and collateral. In charge of planning and organizing Adventure Outings presence at student events.
- Set schedules, deadlines, and delegated tasks between staff members and outside company contacts.
- Designed print-ads with Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and PhotoShop. Created and ran a facebook marketing campaign to increase awareness about the program.
Nov 2011 - Present
Front Desk Associate
Assumed front desk role. Acting as the primary point of contact for guests, responsible for resolving questions and concerns.
- Used Opera to enter alerts, comments, and routing to all reservations including group block reservations as well as checking people in and out of the hotel.
- Acts as the “face for the hotel”, helping resolve guests questions and concerns.
- Made key packets for group reservations and Priority Club Members, including contracted concessions.
May 2011 - Present
Kitchen Assistant and Server
Gave support in day-of event logistics to assure that the client was able to enjoy their own party with ease. Responsible for assisting both clients and chefs with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Helped prepare food for cooking and serving by chopping, heating, and plating the dishes.
- Helped with preparations both before and after the event, including set-up and take-down activities.
- Continuously checked with both clients and guests, to make sure they had everything they needed.
Jul 2011 - Nov 2011
Sales and Catering Internship
Worked with the Sales and Catering department to plan, coordinate, and organize various events. Given supervisory role for a number of events at hotel.
- Used Vertical Response and Illustrator to create online marketing campaigns and other print advertising.
- Updated and created leads, bookings, and BEOs with Delphi, as well as follow up and communicate with clients.
- Strengthened data entry and analysis skills by researching and analyzing information about competitors prices and amenities using Excel spreadsheets.
- Worked with clients to help plan and detail their corporate events and assisted the Convention Services Director.
- Acted as on-site contact for multi-month Stanford Football Program. Primary liaison with all Stanford coaches, staff and other hotel departments. Monitored changes to BEO’s, rooming lists, and itinerary. Complimented by managers on ability to communicate and act quickly in this high pressure situation, contributing to a highly successful program.