Advertising Campaigns Videography Sales and Technique The Business of Television News Writing Marketing Filmmaking for the Web Communications for the Professional Editing Broadcast Journalism Business Ethics Leadership Audio Production Creativity Project Management
Movies, television, product placement and integration, learning new things, meeting new people, HULU, tennis, golf, snowboarding, enjoying a good meal I didn't prepare myself, MACs, flying, cooking, trying new things, my I-pod, The Food Network, college football, snuggling, Aveeno products, good music, perfect fitting jeans, text messages, fluffy towels, high thread count sheets, sleeping in, flip flops, my dogs Luna and Zeta
Zeta Tau Alpha Fraternity
New Member Scholarship Chair
Jr. Panhellenic Representative
Hugh O'Brian Youth Leadership Volunteer Staff
Hugh O'Brian Youth Leadership Ambassador
DoActCrazy Film Group
Social Work Club
Computer Operating Systems
Video, Audio and Web Editing
Adobe Creative Suite CS4 Master Collection
Mar 2009 - Aug 2009
Skirt.com Web Development Intern
• Created, updated and maintained monthly content for Skirt.com main site and sub-sites. • Aided national editors in posting sub-site content, online promotions and helped troubleshoot site issues.
• Interacted with subscribers through blogs and podcasts.
• Participated in the creation and launch of new Skirt.com website.
Feb 2009 - Jul 2009
Special Promotions and Events Intern
• Helped in master planning and preparation of RiverBlast 2009. • Organizing all vendors and entertainment locations. • Worked with production staff to create television promos for event. • Secured and placed advertising spots for local and national sponsors.
Feb 2008 - Dec 2008
• Created all advertising materials for partnering real estate agents including newsletters, flyers, postcards, feature sheets, business cards, print ads, websites, and interactive clientele proposals. • Designed agent website concept and helped site development, content, and maintenance. • Scheduled showings, listing appointments, open houses and prepared all contracts. • Managed mass email and direct mail mailings for past and present clients.
Feb 2008 - Aug 2008
PR Intern/ Administrative Assistant
• Headed First Friday event planning and other special events preparation including booking vendors and volunteers, designing flyers for promotional use, event set up and break down. • Promoted Arts Council events on television, radio interviews, and developed PR street team concept.
• Coordinated Porter Fleming Writing Competition with mass mailing campaign, organizing all entries into database, and planning of awards ceremony.
Apr 2007 - Feb 2008
Director of Gameday Operations
GOAL, LLC., Augusta Lynx Hockey Club
• Produced and directed 36 home games and managed all game night production staff. • Wrote, filmed and edited commercials for television and in-game entertainment. • Aided in community promotional events, and created new promotional ideas for game day events and in-game promos.
2007 - 2010
Bachelors of Communications
The Department of Communication and Professional Writing offers programs in all forms of communication, from inter-personal to political, from electronic to theatrical. The students write public relations releases,magazine articles, songs, and television scripts; they make speeches,perform soliloquies, and narrate documentaries; they produce the college's newspaper, magazine, and plays; they create fundraising and media campaigns for community organizations and use their skills for the betterment of the community.
As a Communication major, I specialized in television-cinema. I took courses in basic communication skills and in legal, theoretical and historical aspects of the field. In these courses I learned how to make a film, write a newspaper story, plan a public relations campaign, etc. I also learned how those kinds of communication affect society, and how society affects communication.
2005 - 2007
The disciplines of communication are concerned with the processes and effects of human communication in a variety of contexts ranging from interpersonal communication through the mass media.
The major in film and video is designed to introduce students to the complexities of media art. This is reflected in the program structure, which includes critical studies (history, theory, industry, and criticism), production (film, video, digital), and writing. Students cover all of these areas throughout the degree program.
2003 - 2004
Digital Media Production
The filmmaking school is taught by professional faculty members, some with industry experience. This program, though the filmmaking school, teaches students a range of skills necessary for film production. Filmmaking school attracts individuals who can combine creative, technical, and managerial skills. The filmmaking school program also teaches students video production. Filmmaking school students are taught in the traditional filmmaking areas including cinematography, directing, producing, editing, screenwriting, and sound. While in filmmaking school, students learn hands on, using industry-related technology and equipment. Graduates of this program in filmmaking school are prepared to seek entry-level jobs like video editor, scriptwriter, and assistant director.