I have 10+ years experience in the IT industry. I served as the Network Operations Manager for Lockheed Martin, I supervised staff, drafted and amended IT policy and procedure and was responsible for managing network security, installs, upgrades and overall network availability. I also have experience examining IT governance and associated components such as the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC), IT risk management and information security at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac which, I believe, contribute to my ability to succeed in your company.
Jan 2008 - Present
Senior Examiner, IT
Federal Housing Finance Agency
- Serves as an Information Technology subject matter expert to analyze and review Fannie Mae’s and Freddie Mac’s host of IT related projects that include IT governance, improved IT controls, and implementation of major IT systems and related applications.
- Examining and analyzing Fannie Mae’s and Freddie Mac’s Project Management Lifecycle (PMLC) and System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes to determine its organizational effectiveness through review of various executed projects and post-implementation reviews.
- Assisting in the examination and analysis of the effectiveness of various Information Technology General Controls (ITGC) such as Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) IT controls, change management, Information Security and IT operations that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac have currently in use or in the process of implementing. Applied risk analytics and risk management practices to measure safety and soundness.
- Provides written and oral analysis of operational high-risk areas within the area of Information Technology at each Government Sponsored Enterprise (GSE) such as IT Governance, SDLC, ITGC, and the overall enterprise architecture processes to colleagues and senior management of Freddie Mac through email, conclusion letters, formal memorandums, and group meetings. Prepare and present reports on conclusions.
- Examines the organizational business processes, both manual and automated, in order to analyze established technical solutions to confirm alignment of business and technical process with industry best practices such as ITIL and Cobit.
- Provides written and/or oral assessments and conclusions on each organizational IT environment which include recommendations for improvement or enhancement, a review of internal controls and detailing how the organizational IT environment is/is not meeting business requirements.
Aug 2005 - Dec 2007
Sr. Systems Engineer
Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight
- Currently serving as a key technical resource and advisor to management on all technical and policy issues related to sustaining the Agency's network.
- Recommends and implements procedures for creating, testing, and making changes to the overall operating efficiency of the Agency's network. This includes continuity of operations (COOP) and high availability (HA) solutions.
- Responsible for providing advice, guidance, and training to lower-graded engineers, the user community and also leading project teams.
- Provides support to senior staff on all aspects of IT, such as software and hardware maintenance agreements, preparing documentation for new IT purchases, and assisting in the preparation and monitoring of strategic, operating, and budget plans.
- Responsible for conducting feasibility studies and cost benefit analysis, drafting proposed policies and recommending solutions.
- Responsible for daily operations/administration of a Windows 2003 Active Directory architecture, integration with Unix, Oracle, COTS applications and compliance with federal information technology standards.
- Responsible for ensuring and implementing system and network security and documentation to meet federal requirements (i.e. NIST guidelines, FISMA, CIS and OMB M-06-16).
Dec 1999 - Aug 2005
Manager, Network Operations
- Supervise a LAN/WAN support staff of 4 LAN Administrators and 2 Web/Database Developers.
- Ensure that employees and support staff properly implement all policies and procedures.
- Deal with account representatives of PC hardware and software manufacturers, and work within existing budgets.
- Configure, install, upgrade and troubleshoot in a PC LAN environment and between multiple LANs in a WAN environment. Including DHCP, DNS, WINS, and TCP/IP.
- Provide expertise regarding PC hardware and software, network hardware (file server, NIC, cabling), Windows 98, NT 4.0 Server and Workstation, Windows 2000 Server and Professional, Windows 2003 Server Standard, Windows XP Professional, and Sun Solaris 9.
- Responsible for planning and directing the growth and expansion of PC networks, Web development, and training new users concerning LAN/WAN networks.
- Resolve computer repairs for remote locations.
- Install, configure, and administer Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2000 Server and Professional, Windows NT 4.0 Server, Workstation, Windows XP, IIS 4.0 and 5.0, Sun Solaris 9 Lotus Notes, and RAS for remote access to the network.
- Responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting Sonicwall firewalls, Compaq/Dell Servers, Cisco 1600 series, 2500 series, 1700 series, and 7200 series Routers, 3com/HP Ethernet Switches, Synoptic Hubs, HP printers, and various CSU/DSUs.
- Document and maintain records on hardware, software, common problems and solutions.