I took an interest in photography when I first traveled for a month in Vietnam in 2010. It was an amazing experience that drove me to take the job as a flight attendant the same year. It is truly the only thing you buy that makes you richer. Excluding all the amazing places I got to see while flying for Emirates, during those 3 years I traveled on my own to Cambodia, Australia, Indonesia and Thailand for extended periods of time. I loved taking pictures of elders and kids because I believe they are truly themselves at any time.
Photo Editing Software
Feb 2011 - Feb 2014
Stewardess I - Bussiness Class
I was based for 3 years in the cosmopolitan and multicultural city of Dubai, a massive hub for aviation, working and training with people from 110 different nationalities. Some of my responsibilities included:
- Attending a pre-flight briefing, during which air cabin crew are assigned their working positions for the upcoming flight. Crew are also informed of flight details, the schedule, the destination profile and special rules and regulations, and if there are passengers with any special requirements, such as diabetic passengers,passengers in wheelchairs or the number of infants on board;
- Carrying out pre-flight duties, including checking the safety equipment, doing security checks, ensuring the aircraft is clean and tidy, ensuring that information in the seat pockets is up to date and that all meals and stock are on board;
- Welcoming passengers on board, directing them to their seats, introducing the facilities and services;
- Informing passengers of the aircraft safety procedures and ensuring that all hand luggage is securely stowed away;
- Checking all passenger seat belts and galleys are secure prior to take-off; making announcements on behalf of the pilot and answering passenger questions during the flight;
- Serving meals and refreshments to passengers;
- Selling duty-free goods and advising passengers of any allowance restrictions in force at their destination;
- Reassuring passengers and ensuring that they follow safety procedures correctly in emergency situations;
- Giving first aid to passengers where necessary as well as administering a range of medicine depending on the situation (EPIPEN, CPR and defibrillator trained) ;
- Ensuring passengers disembark safely at the end of a flight and checking that there is no luggage left in the overhead lockers;
- Completing paperwork, including writing safety flight reports, customs declarations for alcohol importation and duty free goods as well as any incident that may have happened during the flight.
Mar 2010 - Feb 2011
Quality Assurance Engineer
I designed and executed test plans on computer applications (Summit FT) used by investments banks and financial institutions.
- Record and document results and compare to expected results.
- Detect software failures so that defects may be discovered and corrected.
- Generate historical analysis of test results.
- Document anomalies and issues.
- Maintain database of software defects.
- Examine code and execution of code in various environments.
- Verify specific action or function of code.
- Operate and maintain test networks.
- Provide application instructions for users.
- Develop and document application test plans based on software requirements and technical specifications.
- Create meaningful error handling procedures for application code.
- Ensure compliance with general programming best practices, accepted web standards and those standards set forth by upstream sources.
- Perform application security audits.
- Participate in application planning meetings.
- Ensure data integrity standards.
Aug 2008 - Feb 2011
Accounts Receivable Clerk
I worked as accounts receivables officer for Universal Music Netherlands
Follow company defined procedures and accounting standards.
- Daily reconciliation of bank statements against outstanding invoices.
- Respond to all requests for accounts receivable information or analysis
- Generate and distribute specific reports
- Communicate effectively with sales department regarding customer accounts
- Responsible for regular forecasting and status reporting for portfolio
- Participate in client conference calls
- Manage a collection portfolio through: collection calls and escalations, issuing dunning letters to overdue accounts ;dispute resolution ; reconciliations
- Documenting processes and finding ways to improve them by automation
- Working closely with the accounts payable and general ledger departments providing back up when need it.
2005 - 2008
Bachelor's of Finance, International Relations and Affairs
Graduated with a grade average of 9 out of 10.
2001 - 2005
'Ion Creanga' National College
Graduated with a grade average of 9.41 out of 10.