Jun 2005 - Apr 2008
VP Advanced Programs
Association Management firm developing a portfolio of technology services associations including AFSMI, SSPA, TPSA and SRII. Company bookings grew from $6.2M in 2005 to $12.9M in 2007. Members included every major high-tech company, including Microsoft, SAP, IBM and Dell.
Vice President, Member Programs – Senior Point B executive responsible for the integration and turnaround of a newly acquired association (AFSMI).
- Responsible for the design, operation and financial performance of all membership programs. Managed the integration (staff, systems, processes), developed the strategic business plan and completely overhauled all programs and prices within the first 90 days.
- Re-launched the association with a new vision, an updated brand and a streamlined visual identity. Redesigned all print and electronic publications and deployed a new website to reflect the new brand and emphasize member value.
- Developed accelerating revenue programs to achieve $1.8M run rate within 9 months
Vice President, Advanced Programs – General manager responsible for the design, operation and financial performance of incremental fee programs for Point B association members.
- Defined a new industry standard for technical services and launched a high-profile certification program in partnership with J.D. Power and Associates within 90 days of joining Point B.
- Managed all program operations including leadership of a 50-company standards board, strategic partner negotiations with JD Power and completion of company assessments and certifications for marquee companies like IBM, Oracle, Cisco, Xerox and HP.
- Generated $3.3M in bookings in the first 18 months of the program
Oct 2002 - Mar 2005
VP Marketing & Product Management
Business Process Outsource provider. Company billings grew from $46M in 2002 to $87M in 2004. Clients included leading high tech companies such as IBM, Dell, HP and Sony.
Responsible for corporate marketing, product strategy, service offering definition and pricing as well as client implementation and data analytics for this BPO service provider.
- Generated 150% growth in major accounts through marketing strategy to increase awareness by leveraging industry associations and PR. Managed all aspects of corporate marketing; annual reports, press releases, advertising, company literature, corporate website, and public speaking opportunities. Developed corporate positioning which became the framework for strategic planning and acquisition evaluation.
- Executed 20+ service implementation projects for new and existing clients representing over $40M in annual billings. Standardized service offerings and developed product roadmap for new services based on client requirements and market trends.
- Member of Rainmaker Executive Staff, Disclosure Committee, Leadership Team, Merger & Acquisition Assessment Team, Technology Steering Committee, AFSMI Vendor Committee and ITSMA Executive Roundtable.
Mar 1998 - Aug 2001
VP Planning & Operations
Digital Rights Management start-up that grew from $1M to $8M over three years with a successful IPO in December, 1999.
Vice President of Planning & Operations - Responsible for corporate planning and strategy; business unit general manager.
- Defined market opportunities and set corporate strategy as member of executive strategy team. Contributed to business model, market and product sections of prospectus for $90M IPO.
- Created and managed business unit that converted prototype technology into commercially-viable hosted service in 180 days. Hired staff, managed engineering, set up data center operations and drove all product marketing, communications and sales efforts.
Led company-wide task force that targeted strategic sales prospects, generating a 200% increase in sales and laying the groundwork for a successful IPO. Re-defined revenue model, licensing terms and pricing.
Jan 1992 - Feb 1998
Director, Strategic Marketing
Leading developer of desktop productivity software that grew from $100M to over $250M with a portfolio of products including; HyperCard, ClarisWorks and FileMaker.
Director, Strategic Marketing - Responsible for development and execution of strategic marketing programs including vertical marketing, 3rd party developer programs, online marketing and new business development.
- Initiated the online marketing function, designed corporate web sites and company intranet, increased site traffic over 130%. Designed and implemented e-commerce strategy, achieving more than 30% cost reduction and generating revenues of nearly $1 million in the first year.
- Managed the "HyperCard" business unit with over 20 engineers and marketing staff, exceeded revenue target of $6M.
- Developed segmentation strategy for markets that contributed over $60M in annual sales. Identified new products and launched marketing campaigns for small business and education segments. Grew 3rd party developer program 400%.
Dec 1990 - Dec 1992
Imaging Market Manager
Leading developer of database software and tools for the open systems enterprise software market.
Imaging Market Manager
- Created new position in document imaging and multimedia management markets. Informix subsequently expanded its presence in this market through acquisition.