Manager, Global Strategy and Business Development
· Champion the establishment of GM’s Corporate Venture Capital initiative. Act as GM’s “window-on-technology” forming strategic partnerships, and leveraging start-up innovation & technology development.
· Establish/maintain relationships with top-tier venture capital firms and develop operating strategies / processes that yield access to cutting-edge technologies annually for review by GM Subject Matter Experts.
· Enhance GM’s Global R&D network through implementation of collaborative research tools to drive emerging technology development timing improvements and growth initiative strategies.
· Drive projects and new technologies through the early research and development phases of the process including getting buy-in from GM’s executive leadership team (70+ technologies evaluating leading to 5 deals in 2007)
· Serve as interface for R&D and technology community for business related issues while dealing with internal and external innovators (technologies include: electronics, controls, software, battery, materials, powertrain, telematics, manufacturing, etc)
· Lead negotiations of contracts, strategic alliances, and joint ventures with industry partners and service providers, interface with GM internal functional groups (Performance Equity Management, GM Legal, Treasurers Office, etc).
· Directly responsible for development of R&D global supplier collaboration strategy with objective of saving GM $50 Million annually through leveraging supplier development of technology.
· IP Commercialization liaison for GM R&D leading to monetization of patent portfolio through out-licensing
· Awarded medal from the Department of Defense for work on GM’s Autonomous vehicle “BOSS” at November 2007 DARPA Urban Grand Challenge