Chancellors Pty Ltd
Chancellors Chartered Accountants are an established public practice based in Brisbane, Australia that acts primarily on behalf of high net worth individuals and small to medium sized enterprises (turnover up to AUD $50 million) throughout Queensland and Australia. In my time at Chancellors I progressed from a junior trainee to Director and equity partner from 1 July 2005 at 25 years old. Over the past 5 years in my role as Director I have been responsible for a range of duties and projects, focused primarily on business consulting and analysis, due diligence, creation and monitoring of systems and procedures within a variety of settings (e.g. internal management accounting, HR, IT, accounts receivable etc), staff development and mentoring, IT infrastructure and revenue / cost management. My focus in this role has been to pursue best practice in all areas of influence in order to promote efficient, accurate and accountable outcomes for all stakeholders.
Specific achievements in this role:
- An increase in gross revenue of 65% over 5 years as Director (spanning the period of global economic turmoil commencing in late 2008)
- Successful implementation of IT infrastructure
- Implementation of best practice internal management and accounting systems & procedures, KPI’s and management reporting with clients operating across a wide variety of industries. Industry exposure included labour hire; investment advisors; financial planners; fixed interest investment brokers; retailers; wholesalers; electrical contractors; real estate agents and developers (both commercial and residential); legal firms; engineering firms; and specialist medical practitioners.
- Extensive complex financing, taxation and structuring solutions within commercial context that provided significantly improved financial outcomes for stakeholders.
- Development of Excel templates and solutions to assist in modelling of projects; investment alternatives; due diligence; management of KPI’s and quality control.
- Responsibility for supervision and mentoring of a team comprising senior accountants; trainees; operational and administrative staff.