I aim to secure a role which will provide me with opportunities to contribute to a dynamic organisation by drawing on my diverse skills and experience. I am seeking to be challenged and encouraged to step outside my comfort zone in a strongly integrated environment with a culture of continuous improvement. I aim to continue expanding my technical knowledge through a combination of ongoing vocational application and extra-cirricular studies specifically in the areas of project & business analysis, feasibility, financing, due diligence and implementation.
A motivated, adaptive, qualified and highly results-oriented business consultant and analyst with 14 years’ successful experience in positions of increasing scope including five years as a full equity partner in an Australian Chartered Accounting firm, during which time firm revenues increased 65%. A top performer, as evidenced by specific achievements and references, with a passion for lifelong learning and proven successes in leading a team, training & mentoring, developing key accounts and sourcing new revenue streams.
Experienced in providing detailed financial anaylsis, most recently with respect to a proposed USD $15 million equity investment in an Indian manufacturing company. Experienced in providing complex technical solutions in many areas including corporate financing; management accounting; Australian GAAP and IFRS, due diligence; GST/VAT; income tax; capital gains tax; superannuation & retirement; corporate affairs; information technology solutions; company liquidations; business restructuring, expansion and succession planning. A team player with polished communication skills and possessed of an ability to build rapport with key stakeholders whilst continually exceeding qualitative and quantitative benchmarks.
Oct 1996 - Present
Chancellors Chartered Accountants are an established public practice based in Brisbane, Australia that acts primarily on behalf of high net worth individuals and small to medium sized enterprises (turnover up to AUD $50 million) throughout Queensland and Australia. In my time at Chancellors I progressed from a junior trainee to Director and equity partner from 1 July 2005 at 25 years old. Over the past 5 years in my role as Director I have been responsible for a range of duties and projects, focused primarily on business consulting and analysis, due diligence, creation and monitoring of systems and procedures within a variety of settings (e.g. internal management accounting, HR, IT, accounts receivable etc), staff development and mentoring, IT infrastructure and revenue / cost management. My focus in this role has been to pursue best practice in all areas of influence in order to promote efficient, accurate and accountable outcomes for all stakeholders.
Specific achievements in this role:
- An increase in gross revenue of 65% over 5 years as Director (spanning the period of global economic turmoil commencing in late 2008)
- Successful implementation of IT infrastructure
- Implementation of best practice internal management and accounting systems & procedures, KPI’s and management reporting with clients operating across a wide variety of industries. Industry exposure included labour hire; investment advisors; financial planners; fixed interest investment brokers; retailers; wholesalers; electrical contractors; real estate agents and developers (both commercial and residential); legal firms; engineering firms; and specialist medical practitioners.
- Extensive complex financing, taxation and structuring solutions within commercial context that provided significantly improved financial outcomes for stakeholders.
- Development of Excel templates and solutions to assist in modelling of projects; investment alternatives; due diligence; management of KPI’s and quality control.
- Responsibility for supervision and mentoring of a team comprising senior accountants; trainees; operational and administrative staff.
Aug 2010 - Present
Black Swan Partnership
I have been engaged by the Black Swan Partnership, London, on an ongoing basis to provide analytical reports and recommendations on proposed venture-capital style equity investments. This partnership provides funding to startups and established businesses seeking expansion. I have provided detailed reports with respect to proposed equity investments up to USD $15 million.
Jul 2004 - May 2006
Masters of Taxation
University of New South Wales
Jul 1999 - May 2004
Bachelor of Taxation with Distinction
University of New South Wales
High Distinctions in Management Accounting; Basic Law & Tax Process; Macroeconomics; and Tax Accounting Systems.
University award for Best Performance in Basic Law and Tax Process (1999)