Project Director focusing on supply chain and information technology business transformation
I have over 18 years of experience in manufacturing, product development, supply chain, strategic sourcing,
information technology, consulting services, and project management.
I have been worked in several countries within LA region such as Brazil, Chile and Venezuela in different
industries and services segments implementing SAP and e-procurement solutions. I have also participated in congress, process clubs, workshops and tech transfer initiatives in the USA, Europe and Singapore.
I have strong background in complex project implementation environment and supply chain processes redesign, especially regarding purchasing process from sourcing to pay using lean six sigma thinking.
I'm analytical, ability to problem solving, result oriented, strong leadership skills, motivation for new learning and overcoming challenges.
Jun 2009 - Present
Corporate Senior Project Manager
Project manager responsible for the Shared Services Center implementation which include processes within the following value chains: procure to pay, hire to retire, order to cash, record to report, and facilities.
Evaluated new corporate project initiatives through business case development to leverage process efficiency within all value chains to increase company profit margin.
Jul 2008 - Dec 2009
Teaching statistics, mathematical finance, and supply chain related topics to college degree courses.
Nov 2008 - Jun 2009
IT Operations and Support Manager
Responsible for IT operations and support of all service desk ITIL scope, including service level management and identity management.Manage transition to run strategy for IT project implementation.Responsible to define outsourcing strategy, contract and manage IT 3Ps.Work team has approximately 200 people, including 50 employees and 150 suppliers work-force.
27% overall cost reduction by year, through:Rethink make or buy strategy Review 3P contract portfolio Leverage supplier synergy by scope consolidation SLA’s renegotiation
Apr 2007 - Oct 2008
IT Project Manager
- Responsible for IT corporate project portfolio to support business needs, including SAP and non SAP applications.
- Manage the entire project lifecycle from process requirements definition to post implementation support team hand-over.
- Responsible to define outsourcing strategy, contract and manage IT 3Ps.
- Work team has approximately 50 people, including project leaders and senior consultants.
Main achievements:More than 90 projects and 600 enhancements:
- SAP suite: ERP, SCM, CRM, SRM, NetWeaver
- Non-SAP applications: java, .net, domino, cobol
- Steered Committee monthly meeting
- Prioritization based on business rules
- Procedures and templates implementation
- Training session execution
Aug 2005 - Mar 2007
ERP Project Manager
Project Manager of SAP R/3 4.7 version implementation of all aerospace value chains, including Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and A&D Industry Solution, with more than 500 full-time resources dedicated in the project.
Main achievements:Go live of SAP ERP: 3 months delay, +10% of total cost with committed quality
- Big ban approach
- More than 250 consultants and 400 employees allocated in peek time
- More than 200 business scenarios configured
- Intensive test campaign, including test automation
- Union negotiation needed to establish cut-off period
Jan 2003 - Jul 2005
Strategic Procurement Leader
- Responsible of strategic sourcing group at procurement department, defining processes, models and tools from supplier market evaluation through contract lifecycle management.
- Define long term strategy for procurement organization.
- Provide best practices and deploy methodologies to be used by purchasing groups.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities and implement them.
- Improve overall supply chain efficiency performance applying IT solutions.
- 25% average of savings in different categories through strategic sourcing approach
- Maintenance services
- Office supplies
- Software maintenance
- Personal transportation
- Strategic sourcing tool implementation to improve control and compliance of sourcing process
- Map and define purchasing process within SAP MM
Jan 2002 - Nov 2002
Business Unit Manager
Responsible for USD30 million in 10 categories of services and through new sourcing strategies, market analysis, demand management, and bidding.
30% savings in travel services category
- Strategy sourcing approach
- Developed new contract models
- “Gain-gain” relationship building
- Customer and suppliers’ goals alignment
Sep 1998 - Jun 2001
Responsible of e-procurement and SAP projects in several business industries, including implementation abroad Brazil.
35% savings in MRO spending in auto-maker industry
- B2B worldwide solution rollout in 9 sites in Brazil
- Leverage global and regional contracts usage
- Reduced order cost through process automation
- Wood board industry in Chile
- Oil pipeline industry in Venezuela
Jan 1997 - Jul 1998
Product Engineer Leader
Responsible for technology transfer from USA to Brazil site and product quality through manufacturing flow by studding process design and its interaction with product critical attributes.
50% savings by reducing non-quality costs in manufacturing continuous flow
- Six Sigma approach
- Design of experience (DOE)
- Product and process attributes relationship review
- Operational procedures review
- Shop-floor workforce training
Jan 1993 - Dec 1996
Responsible for process performance in a chemical manufacturing environment, including waste, efficiency and quality trade-offs. Manage project for new process facilities (concept, design, built, debug and start-up)
40% savings by reducing process waste
- Statistical process control approach
- Tuning process control automation
- ISO9000 implementation in manufacturing: “say what you do and do what you say”
- Benchmarking with other Kodak facilities
- Process improvements to launch new product family