Manager, Infrastructure Projects
Heidrick & Stuggles
Jan 2006 - Present
Manager, Infrastructure Projects
Heidrick & Struggles specializes in chief executive, board member and senior-level management search assignments for a wide variety of clients, including multinational corporations, mid-cap and startup companies, nonprofit entities, educational institutions, foundations, associations and governmental units. Heidrick & Sturggles provides a broad leadership advisory role, offering complementary services including executive assessment, coaching and professional development to senior management teams.
- Designed and managed global rollout of standardized hardware and desktop software for 60 worldwide regional offices.
- Formalized and deployed Project Methodology within the IT infrastructure group
- Prepared IT infrastructure goals and created the strategy and budget to accomplish the goals
- Member of the CEO's Global Innovations Committee to refocus company strategies and tactics
- Performed interim management of Infrastructure engineers
Aug 2004 - Jan 2006
Director, IT Operations and Application Support
Citadel Investment Intl
Citadel Investment Group is an $20 billion hedge fund management firm founded by billionaire trader Kenneth Griffin. It is one of the world's largest hedge fund managers. The firm's daily trading volume amounts to approximately 3% of average daily trading activity in London, New York and Tokyo.
- Led and directed an internationally located staff of 14 for 24/7 support global issues associated with $10 billion dollar funds managed organization
- Designed and implemented knowledge capture system for use by support team
- Resolved complex infrastructure availability and performance issues
- Planned and Implemented IPT for global communications
Jan 2001 - Aug 2004
Principal, Applied Technologies Practice
ENC Consulting is a private consulting firm specilizing in integrated solutions in digital communications, process improvement, and enabling technologies. It draws on quality work, strong client relationships, and value-driven solutions for focused industries to provide best-in-class results to help each client see ideas, solutions, improvements, and overall return on investment.
- System Architect and Project Manager for Hitachi and led the development team in Japan on the development of the 1st Smart card issued by J.P.Morgan Chase
- Prepared Feasibility Studies, Cost Benefit Analysis, and Business Plans for clients to obtain over $3.5 million in venture capital
- Developed and implemented an object oriented derivatives model with an 80% profitability record for an options trading company
- Developed relationships and managed engagements with key customers such as United Airlines, Home Depot, American Express, Yahoo, Sprint, MyPoints.com and NBCi by working directly with executives to determine goals and preparing strategies to execute
- Translated core business values into web services by creating and implementing an “Instant Loyal” product as well as other programs for clients
- Scoped and prepared information risk management plans for potential clients
- Resolve customer issues in pre-sale and post-sale situations
- Led PeopleSoft financial and CRM software package integration teams, defining goals and objectives and crafting successful implementation plans and schedules to meet requirements
Jan 1998 - Jan 2000
Director of Digital Marketing
Frankel & Company was a leading marketing and sales promotion agency for fortune 100 clients.
- Identified and assisted in the development of new business opportunities for clients like Nestle, Frito Lay and Netscape by creating promotions and digital application prototypes
- Developed and documented standards for project management of all engagements, ensuring that vital programming and digital processes are standardized by all departments across all accounts
- Executed highly visible and successful web-based digital promotions and e-commerce implementations for Fortune 100 clients including United Airlines, Target and McDonalds
- Built and managed teams to deliver solutions for core clients ofFrankel such as Netscape, VISA and Perseco
- Responsible for capture and evaluation of client satisfaction indices and prepared strategic and tactical goals based on that information
- Integrated Digital Marketing's creatively based efforts within the agency's accounting based practices
Jun 1984 - May 1998
JMB Realty was a capital formation firm in real estate that expanded into property management, leasing, acquisitions & sales, and development becoming the largest Real Estate syndicator in North America.
- Directed firm-wide systems development during a period of tenfold growth to over $20 billion in assets
- Created major applications in financial reporting, leasing cash control, property management and modeling
- Spearheaded property accounting through three generations of technology change due to business growth and restructuring
- Led fast-track marketing system development for distribution reinvestment, yielded $3 million invested by 12,000 participants in two years
- Supervised 30 people, both management and line, within MIS department while still being hands on with hardware and software installations.
- Managed a telecom staff of 5, network staff of 3, and development staff of 10
- Selected and implemented a diverse range of information related technologies ranging from mainframe and midrange environments to the use of Microsoft SQL on Windows NT servers
May 1996 - Dec 1997
VP, General Manager
US Web (Utopia)
US Web was the largest Internet development company in North America.
- Creator of the Midwest regional office, including recruitment and development as well as execution of consulting engagements, and infrastructure
- Responsible for regional P/L and budgeting and taking measures to ensure that the field groups remained profitable
- Maintained the highest regional percentage billed rate as well as the highest regional earned revenue per quarter and highest regional customer satisfaction rating
- Managed the installation of Open Market, Pandesic, and iCat e-commerce solutions for Tribune Company and Playboy, Intl
- Oversaw the sale and integration of the Chicago Utopia office into USWeb corporate