Accomplished University Administrator and decisive business leader with academic experience and a record of successfully maximizing profits, increasing productivity, and reducing operating costs while cultivating a healthy institutional culture. Promotes a diverse and inclusive environment while managing financial data, overseeing direct reports, and implementing solutions that champion process improvements while supporting the institution's mission and vision. Exceptional communication skills to build cross functional relationships and translate complex financial data into concise business required to execute successful strategic initiatives.
- Student Centered Services
- Project Management
- P&L and Budget Management
- Strategic Planning
- Cross-functional Team Leader
- Performance Metrics
- Technology Liaison
- Quantitative Business Analysis
- Customer Focused Advocate
- Risk Assessment
- Vendor Management
- Change Management Leadership
- Balanced Scorecard
Jul 2007 - Present
Senior Manager - Program Management Office
CORE SYSTEM REPLACEMENT PROJECT
Provide strategic direction on financial management and reporting, system integration, risk management, resource and vendor management, and the prioritization of the Program Management Office (PMO) activities on a $205M core system replacement initiative. Champion process improvement opportunities and the reengineering of project management and organizational processes and systems that contribute significantly to the organization’s primary objectives and goals as well as enhancing IT operations and service delivery quality.
- Managed the “Large Group On-boarding and Renewal Business Process Analysis Initiative.” Identified and documented $6.5M in Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) opportunities for BCBSRI. Produced a formal report on findings, and made recommendations mitigating COPQ impact to executive leadership.
- Instrumental in the planning and inauguration of the Diversity and Inclusion Employee Resource Group. Personally influenced executive leadership view and understanding of the business value of diversity and inclusion through the illustration of actual work place application and results, and personal experience.
- Researched and produced an in-depth value stream analysis of the membership operations and claims operations process and identified $3M in potential cost savings and efficiencies.
Sep 2005 - Jul 2007
Director, Student Fiscal Services
The University of Washington
Managed, directly and indirectly, 30 staff (Assistant Directors, Managers, Program Staff, Accounting Staff and IT Staff) serving parents, students and university departments in the administration and disbursement of financial aid, fellowship, and scholarship awards; processing of tuition billing and receipts; tuition reimbursements; and university cash management and credit card administration. Executive oversight of department budget and payroll, university Accounts Receivable, banking and budget transactions and reconciliations and vendor contracts. Contributing member of the Financial Management Cash Management Team, the Student Services Operations Policy Advisory Committee, and the Universal Academic Calendar Committee.
- Directed the automation of the U.S. Department of Education's Common Origination and Disbursement (COD) electronic transfer of origination records, signature and receipt of promissory notes, and credit checks resulting in 85% increase in financial aid processing efficiency
- Created, implemented, and administered the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards University policy for over 200 merchant accounts campus-wide
- Maintained a 42% recovery rate for student loans in default
- Incorporated Six Sigma into process improvement methodologies; automated routine accounting, banking, and SDB transactions and reporting; increased employee satisfaction by 10% and maintained 79% customer satisfaction
- Black Belt – Six Sigma Payables Team; increased invoice visibility for departments and vendors; reduced cycle time to maximize cash flow and enhance internal/external experience; trained team members as Green Belts
Feb 2004 - Feb 2005
Manager - Accounting
Managed eight direct reports, business processes, office systems, payroll, and associated accounting transactions for an 800 employee, $40M, airport contracting company.
- Converted banking and accounting system data, reconciliation process, and completed reconciliation of over 60 neglected bank accounts for 4th Quarter 2003 and 1st Quarter 2004. Reduced 30 labor hours per month.
- Converted PC based payroll system to a web-based payroll system to enable processing and input for multi-state sites. Realized a contracted annual savings of $40K to date, reduced labor hours 100 per month
- Developed and implemented off-site hosting of Microsoft Exchange and Blackberry Enterprise Server. Converted on-site servers to redundant file servers; reduced labor hours by 90 per month
Oct 2003 - Feb 2004
Senior Project Manager on a contract with AstraZenica to form a cross functional team to evaluate and report on recommendations to executive staff on existing production lines and performance as it pertained to the introduction and installation of a specialized billion dollar pocket-pac automated production line.
- Employed Six Sigma Methodologies in the design and development of methodologies, metrics and processes to monitor and manage a specialized production line’s performance.
- Developed a web-based training prototype to increase and optimize performance accountability; developed company-wide e-training and process improvement methodologies for production lines
May 2000 - Oct 2003
Senior Finance and Planning Analyst (Technical Fellow)
The Boeing Company
Managed 3 direct reports, 15-20 teams, business processes, operational budget, finance, and cost accounting for the Boeing Helicopters Shared Services Group which provided a broad range of employee and facility services for the site.
- Developed an automated Estimate at Completion (EAC) process and monthly reporting process for Philadelphia Rotocraft Shared Services that was instrumental in reducing costs by $12.5M and reduced processing and reporting time by 10 hours monthly.
- Utilized Product Life Cycle Methodologies and Earned Value Management to reduce Telecommunications Billing Suspense by $3M (cost saving $1.5M).
- Lead Analyst/Budget Manager on $60M focused factory rehabilitation project for the V-22 Osprey; reduced overhead costs by $6M and reduced direct labor costs by 8%
Jan 1999 - May 2000
Manager, Special Projects and Compliance
Managed accounting processes, and internal audit and 19 direct reports.
- Managed strategic development and implemented plans to facilitate information exchange between departments, and improved workflow.
- Re-engineered Accounts Payable Aging processes, reconciliation and financial reporting according to GAAP and SEC regulations.
- Executed internal audit program resulting in cost saving to customers of $1.5M and better communication of account information going forward.
Jun 1993 - Jan 1999
Automated Systems and Accounting Consultant
Provided hardware and software design, installation, technical support and staff training for the Economic Development Council of Seattle and King County; developed box-office database, technical support and staff training for Seattle International Children's Festival; staff accountant and system administrator for Washington Works.
Jun 1989 - Jun 1993
Business Manager/Senior Account Manager/Film Producer
The Matsumonji Group/Kodama, Inc
Responsible for the contract administration, marketing/public relations, business management, and production management of a full service communications firm with $10,000,000.00 plus in public and private contracts.