Director of Public Relations
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts
Manage assistant director of public relations, cross departmental social media team, and PR and multimedia interns. Develop and execute public relations strategies to promote arts and education initiatives for Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts,Leverage traditional and new media channels to promote Wolf Trap's mission and strengthen its brand among target audiences. Serve as liaison to senior executives for messaging and interview preparation.
- Develop and maintain annual, strategic public relations plan outlining goals, objectives and tactics.
- Provide quarterly public relations reports showcasing initiatives and results to Wolf Trap Board of Directors.
- Secure international, national and regional press coverage. Sampling of earned media garnered in past 12 months includes placements in the Wall Street Journal, Investor's Business Daily, Washington Post, Washington Post Magazine, AARP.com, Huffington Post, WAMU and NPR.com.
- Define and guide execution of social media initiatives on Wolf Trap blog, Facebook fan page, Twitter account and YouTube channel to monitor and increase engagement with audiences.
- Secure media and speaking opportunities for Wolf Trap executives in targeted channels to raise profile of senior counsel. Sampling of opportunities secured in the past 12 months include speaking opportunity at Earth Day 2010 event on The Mall on Wolf Trap's Go Green program, CEO profile in Private Clubs magazine, Washington Post Magazine "First Person Singular" profile on Wolf Trap's director of opera and classical programming.