Global Branded Consumer Product Development & Management
Directed a team of Product Managers and Engineers to define and develop new consumer electronic products for high-growth market segments; helping Toshiba to become the top supplier in the market.New product categories included mobile storage products, portable backup solutions, accessories, and personal cloud devices for home networks, smartphones and tablets.Established new product ideas & strategies, long-term development plans & budgets, and lead the development of industrial design & user interface to create innovative, state of the art, hardware and software solutions. Created business plans, use cases, product concepts and drove overseas supplier (OEM) selection/qualification.Identified market opportunities based on first handanalysis of market research and customer studies, created MRDs and PRDs to enhance existing products and define new products with unique selling features.ØNew products overachieved on revenue, profit and units; set records in market share growth by becoming a top three supplier in less than one year, reached profitability in less than eight months, and fueled company revenue expansion with double digit year-over-year growth.
- Team Player Award(2010), for outstanding contributions to the organization for leading the product management and development team to create a global product line (Americas, EMEA, APAC), delivering over $420M annually in new profitable revenue.
- Architected and implemented a new product development process (NPD/NPI) to build consensus rapidly on new market/product opportunities, reducing decision making time and mitigating risk, allowing products to be brought to market faster and earn significantly more revenue.
- Six Sigma Superiority Project Award (2009), for optimizing the product design process to increase profit by $5M; improved manufacturability, reduced product costsand accelerated time-to-market by 40%.
- Six Sigma Superiority Project Award (2008), for redefining the global business process and significantly reducing the time required for business and product planning, saving over $1.5M annually in time and labor costs.
- Standing Ovation Award (2007), for the best example of synergistic behavior between different Toshiba divisions.Recognized for the very first successful cross-divisional product that was developed in the U.S. and marketed globally.
- Customer driven new products and solutions exceeded sales expectations.Lead customer facing presentations to win business and placement at national retailers including Best Buy, Circuit City, Office Depot, Wal-mart, and Sam’s Club.
- Team Player Award (2007), from Toshiba America Information Systems Inc.for creatingan entirely new global product category that generated significant new revenue streams.
- Four (4) United States Patent Awards – Patent Numbers: D641,754 (July 19, 2011), D629,399 (December 21, 2010), D643,427 (September 27, 2010), D578,119 (October 7, 2008).Inventors: Camarena et al.
- Competitive Intelligence; we had a new product in development that was close to production, and based on competitive research we found our competition had a much slimmer product due out at the same time.We went back to the drawing board and reconfigured our product to be substantially slimmer in only 30 days, then went into production on equal footing.By being aware of the external environment and checking on our competition, we were able to save 30% of our revenue in the U.S. Market.