2005 to Present
Drucker and Falk, LLC, Leasing Associate, Raleigh, NC
- Responsible for leasing rental town homes at Fairgate Apartments, while maximizing income and maintaining 97% - 100% property occupancy
- Make certain the leasing sales process is followed correctly using Housing for Urban Development's (HUD) Fair Housing guidelines
- Solve resident's concerns and ensure resident satisfaction at all times by maintaining good landlord-tenant relations
- Provide complete back up support to the property manager by assisting with all areas of leasing management including: move-in's, lease renewals, vacating tenants and monthly accounting
- Use Yardi-Voyager software to compile marketing and demographic reports, and create work orders for maintenane repairs
- Manage visitor information and follow-up, via telephone and e-mail, using Lead Tracker Solutions software
MicroMass Communications, Marketing Copywriter, Cary, NC
- Served as contract marketing copywriter for MicroMass Communications; a pharmaceutical marketing company
- Researched and wrote copy for Novartis' breast cancer medication Femara; an extended adjuvant therapy drug
Freelance Copywriter & Researcher
- Created press releases for La Fiesta Del Pueblo; El Pueblo's annual festival in Raleigh, North Carolina
- Created and copyedited newsletters and press releases for Iambia Media; a media and graphics company
- Researched and fact-checked magazine articles for IntelliWords; a publishing and business communications company
- Articles published in the following magazines: Kuji, New Vision, QBR, Black Enterprise and O, The Oprah Magazine
QBR Magazine, Senior Editor, New York, N.Y.
Promoted from Assistant Editor to Senior Editor
Assigned articles to staff and edited book reviews
Checked galleys for corrections and submitted changes to printing company
Addressed concerns from authors, publicists and publishers
Assisted in the planning and execution of the Harlem Book Fair in Harlem, New York and Freeport, Long Island
JOIE Magazine, Contributing Senior Editor, New York, N.Y.
Assisted in the launch of JOIE; a woman’s magazine
Conducted telephone interviews, wrote articles and features
Assigned articles to staff and contributing writers
Maintained the editorial calendar, and supervised pitch and production meetings
O, The Oprah Magazine, Editorial/Beauty Intern, New York, N.Y.
Provided administrative assistance to the beauty director and editor
Conducted and transcribed telephone interviews
Requested beauty and skin care products for upcoming features
Attended photo, pitch and production meetings
Fact-checked and researched features using Lexis-Nexis and the Internet
Retrieved credit information and wrote O Magazine’s Shop Guide
Processed freelance contributor’s contracts
Supervised O Magazine’s Spa Sweepstakes Giveaway contest
Organized the department’s inventory of beauty products and press releases
Tommy Hilfiger, Assistant Product Manager, New York, N.Y.
- Assisted in the launch of girls underwear line and provided daily communication with corporate office in India and Hong Kong
- Tracked accessories, development and production using Excel spreadsheets.
- Worked closely with sales and design departments developing new product and following market trends
L.V. Myles, Inc., Assistant Production Coordinator, New York, N.Y.
- Tracked production and visited factories in North Carolina, Puerto Rico, Haiti and the Dominican Republic
- Supervised weekly meetings with designers, merchandisers and sales force
- Trained managers on L.V. Myles Accuterm computer system and provided technical support along with the MIS department
The Warnaco Group/Warner’s, Technical Design Engineer, New York, N.Y.
- Prioritized work flow and created sewing specifications for operators and the production department using Warner's Irma computer system
- Assisted the vice president of creativeproduct deisgn and the vice president of merchandising