Bachelor of Engineering
Thesis Project: MEMS Micro Robotic Arm, Mechanical Design Project – Designed in-plane and out-of-plane micro tweezers in SolidWorks and analyzed mechanical stress in ANSYS. Gained experience in time and project management, report writing, presentation and team work.
Design for Manufacturing and Assembly Project – Re-designed toy car to reduce material and manufacturing costs, and to increase recyclability of the product’s materials. Gained experience in team, time and project management.
Flexible Manufacturing Systems Project – Developed new equipment layouts using Group Technology, Material Handling and Cellular Manufacturing System concepts to increase manufacturing efficiency for one automotive manufacturing process at Magna Closures Inc. Gained experience in applying academic knowledge from course material.
Manufacturing Design Project – Mouse trap powered car designed in AutoCAD and CNC fabricated. Programmed CNC machines using MasterCAM G-code. Gained experience in time management and scheduling of deadlines.
- Completed 12 month industrial internship at Magna Closures Inc. (Aug. 2005 - Aug. 2006)
- Engineering Dean’s List – two years
- Golden Key International Honour Society
Extracurricular activities: Team Co-Captain of the Ryerson 2006-2007 SAE Supermileage Team
- Collaborated with team members to effectively re-design a new racing vehicle within 9 months, and ranked 7th place at the 2007 SAE Supermileage competition
- Significantly developed interpersonal and communication skills in team management, in writing proposals to sponsors in Word, creating budgets and goals in Excel, contacting suppliers for parts and materials, in analyzing and solving design problems, and in time and project management