Jan 1999 - May 2009
Operations Manager/Personal Lines Manager
- Hired as Personal Lines Manager for three offices with responsibility for sales and service
- Developed business plan, job descriptions and procedures manual for Personal Lines
- Consolidated carriers from 12 to 5 to maximize profit sharing
- Negotiated book transfer incentive to fund producer
- Agency used Sagitta and TAM - began downloading policies to both systems and increased use of automation and available technology
- Completed agency management system "clean up" in order to have correct reports
- Developed sales contests and incentives increasing Personal Lines sales
- Created Personal Lines sales brochure for homeowners
- Worked with COO to negotiate acquisition of mortgage owned Personal Lines agency, merged the agency and management system and developed relationship with loan officers
- Negotiated carrier contracts for South Carolina office
- Instituted Transactional Filing for Personal Lines and later scanning for office
- Led team for three data conversions - three TAM to TAM conversions and two Sagitta to TAM
- Proposed and implemented PTO program
- Promoted to Operations Manager managing Personal and Commercial service staff
- Developed procedures manual for Commercial Lines
- Worked with COO to re-write Employee Handbook
- Collaborated with IT to develop the agency website including content and resources
- Proposed increased functionality of Intranet to house Employee Hand book and Procedures Manual
Nov 1994 - Jan 1999
PLI Brokerage, Inc.
- Chubb purchased Alexander & Alexander's Personal Lines division closing the majority of the offices
- Served as manager of the Charlotte office
- Responsible for sales and service staff and personal sales
- Developed sales and marketing plan for the office which was used as a prototype for other managers
- Developed lead sources for sales including a contract with a large regional real estate company
- Served on commmittee to select agency management system and selected as one of the two pilot offices for the system including complete set up of the system on a LAN and establishing all codes, documents and proposal templates
Aug 1980 - Nov 1994
Alexander & Alexander, Inc.
- Began as Personal Lines Representative. Responsible for sales and service for a book of business.
- Promoted to Personal Lines Manager and AVP. Responsible for managing the department including sales and service, carrier relations, developing a business plan and budget, training, and HR responsibilities including interviewing, hiring and terminations.
- After relocating to Charlotte to manage the Personal Lines Department, promoted to Personal Lines Manager of the Carolinas and VP. Responsbile for departments in Charlotte and Winston-Salem.
- Promoted to Area Personal Lines Manager with offices in Charlotte, Winston-Salem, Richmond, Nashville, Atlanta and Miami.
- Served on national task force to develop the business unit's procedures manual.
- Served on national committe to develop procedure for implementing new automation system and selected as one of two pilot offices for new automation system - Delphi.
- Consolidated business with select carriers to maximize profit sharing and negotiated incentives from carriers.
- Developed several brochures and relocation packet for use in sales
- Implemented Client Annual Review in all offices
- Held training session for Met Property & Liability in Utica, NY office when they entered NC as a market
Aug 1976 - Jun 1980
Personal Lines Supervisor
Continental Insurance Company
- Began as Personal Lines rater and progressed to Personal Lines Supervisor
- Supervised staff of 22
- Served on 2 person team to work with programmers to identify and document errors in the computer rating and issuance implementation of the "Personal Package Policy"
- Trained agents on Continental's agent's office automation - the "Time Machine"