CA, INC. (Formerly COMPUTER ASSOCIATES, INC.) – Tampa, FL / Long Island, NY 2001-2007
Leading global software company with $3.5 billion in revenues and 15,000 personnel providing storage, security and enterprise management software and business-to-business services.
Channel Sales Manager, Tampa, FL (2005-2006)
Led sales team in a performance-driven sales and support environment while building long-term profitable relationships with reseller partners/distributors in the software technology sector. Managed $100k+ proposals, oversaw transaction approvals up to $1.5M, and maintained pricing discount authority. Coached and guided team, VARs, and distributors on strategies to decrease customer issues and boost sales. Hired, trained, and motivated team members. Created sales goals/action plans, assigned territories, produced forecasts, analyzed performance and resolved issues to increase partner satisfaction. Presented plans/status reports to senior management.
- Consistently achieved or exceeded revenue targets; realized $62M annual revenue target by leading the sales team in support of Company’s 17 largest reseller accounts contributing 30%+ of company’s indirect business.
- Reduced sales cycle, improved reseller satisfaction and rebuilt partner relationships resulting in increased partner revenue.
- Significantly improved team, partner, and cross-departmental communications within 90 days of promotion into position by instituting a strong focus on training, quality, and service delivery.
- Exceeded internal, customer, and partner expectations and leveraged expert-level knowledge to guide teams on large, complex proposals involving financing, payment streams, and product configurations.
Customer Care and Lead Generation Manager, Tampa, FL (2003-2005)
Responsible for Customer Satisfaction for North American Partner and End User Base which included hiring, training, and performance of 15-member team. Developed goals and compensation. Monitored, measured, and reported performance metrics to senior management. Approved Company-wide software returns within budgetary goals. Resolved escalated issues for North American customer-base, including Fortune 500 accounts.
- Built industry-leading team from scratch during operational relocation to Florida, increased client satisfaction.
- Achieved Manager of the Year award for results in building from ground level a cohesive, customer-focused team to increase lead generation 72% and surpass $3M target 248% while increasing customer satisfaction.
Customer Care Supervisor, Long Island, NY (2002-2003)
Supervised, coached, and motivated 10 customer care representatives. Measured, and reported team performance, approved company’s software returns, and oversaw escalated customer complaints. Interacted with internal sales, tech support, development, marketing, licensing, Distributors and Value-Added Resellers.
Customer Care Specialist, Long Island, NY (2001-2002)
Resolved complex customer and partner issues, advanced product up-sales and cross-sales and services to existing enterprise software customers. Launched sales cycle with new & existing customers, provided product education.