Jun 2006 - Sep 2009
- Lead a team of 3 for automation project for U.S based messaging software and services company Openwave Systems. Responsible for planning and scheduling automation milestones, team management, process improvement and general project management. Team achieved around 18 % automation resulting in saving of approximately 130 person-days of manual effort and major increase in test coverage.
- Rich experience of 2.5 yrs on the project as Senior Quality Assurance Engineer for Openwave’s messaging product ‘Multimedia Messaging Service Center’ with focus on test plan design, development and execution using software testing techniques. Tested over 25 releases for global mobile service providers viz. Sprint-Nextel, Vodacom, Telus Mobility and Virgin Mobile.
- Vital contribution as Senior Software Engineer in acquiring full ownership of Quality Assurance of the product. Current team is a one of the core product groups responsible for development and maintenance of the product for worldwide customers. Contribution by displaying strong technical competency, proactive approach and excellent communication skills to handle the project independently.
- Initiated taking additional responsibilities of Release Engineering from the client to reduce release cycle time. By successfully handling the release responsibilities, saved approximately 1 business day for all internal releases since development and Quality Assurance teams were located in the same office.
- Single-handedly tested 5 releases while working on a maintenance project within 6 months of joining the company. Received ‘Spot Award’ for outstanding individual performance.
Oct 2003 - May 2006
Analyst - Industrialization
- Experience of 2.5 years on the project as Quality Assurance Engineer for Dassault's product lifecycle management product 'Enovia'. Tested 3 major releases and more than 20 patch releases at a pre-release stage, service pack and emergency patch level.
- Contributed to increasing scope of work beyond UI testing by taking self-initiatives in handling server-side testing on product administration, migration, web deployment and customization of the product.
- Additional responsibilities handled in the team include maintaining team's intranet homepage, handling weekly objective scheduling and coordinating the same between team members and counterparts.
- Recipient of 'Team Milestone award' for team level achievement. Team awarded for reporting high number of product defects during a general availability release.
- Member of various committees at 3DPLM responsible for organizing product group’s corporate events. Organized events for 2 years and lead one of the events as Event In-charge in 2005.
Jun 1999 - Jun 2003
Bachelor of Engineering
All India Shri Shivaji Memorial Society’s College of Engineering, University of Pune
- First Class with Distinction.
- Received 'Sir Ratan Tata Scholarship' of Rs.10000/- in 2003 for academic excellence in third year of engineering.
- Undergraduate internship at Cummins India Limited (January-July'2003) and Greaves Limited (July-December'2001). Worked as a trainee for a project on designing and manufacturing of an Automatic Feeding System for CNC Lathe at Cummins.