University of Delaware
- Operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair all shipʼs shared-use electronic oceanographic instrumentation and acquisition systems.
- Operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair mechanical sampling devices.
- Act as on site team leader for the ship's computers, including networked and stand alone MS-DOS, Microsoft Windows, and Linux based systems.
- Instruct scientific users of the ship, including University of Delaware faculty and scientists from other institutions, in safe operating procedures and proper oceanographic techniques both on deck and in the labs.
- Assist scientists with analyzing data collected aboard the ship