Sr. Demand Planning Manager
The Hershey Company
- Responsible of our Integrated Business Management (next generation of S&OP) from supply chain perspective.
- Collaboration Planning Forecasting & Replenisment leader (CPFR)
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Operations and Finance departments to develop and approve accurate demand forecasts of all items falling in accountable segment of the business. Ensure consistency of forecast assumptions across customer base, including targeted strategic customers, base business trends, etc. Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Operations and Finance departments to develop and approve accurate demand forecasts for product segment, while reducing working capital, and minimizing forecast variability. Demand Planners assigned to a specific customer will also collaborate with the Sales Team to ensure alignment of Demand Forecast with Sales Estimate. Develop strong working knowledge of customer business plan to validate forecast and accurately reflect business plan alignment with Customer.
- Analyze historical sales data and plans while working cross-functionality to achieve continuous improvement in the accuracy of demand forecasts. Using projected demand plans, work toward continuous improvement of forecast accuracy and improve overall demand plan. Complete post-promotion evaluation for each promotion or major event. Maintain accountability for all Supply Chain focused metrics, pertaining to waste reduction, improved Case Fill / Perfect Order; Service Level.
- Provide leadership in monthly consensus forecast meetings and incorporate learnings to improve forecasting process.
- Forecast error (BIAS) reduction from 60% (2005) to 5% (2015)
- Inventory reduction from 40 days to 33 days.
- 26% reduction on Standard Cost Inventory on Finish Goods
- Reduction from 500 SKU´s to 316 SKUs
- Improvement in Service Levels from 92% (2005) to 98.7% (2015)
- 25% improvement in service metrics (on time deliveries and extended cut-off times)
- Performance metrics scoreboard implementation that allowed the company to benchmark operations both for internal and external clients:
- Performance metric system design and implementation APO on SAP
- Oversee full cycle APO implementation projects following own methodology to ensure value to the Hershey Company.