Maudie B. Alvarado
To be creative contributor to an effective business team with clear and important goals.
- Review MRP messages. Prepare RFQ and make a recommendation to management as to the awarding of business to suppliers.
- Place orders with qualified source securing the best term for L-3. Ensure that justifications are prepared and approvals are secured including cost/price analysis, PPV and Excess forms.
- Manage Open Order status report to all suppliers to ensure all products are produced to meet Mil-Specifications and delivered to the MRP need date.
- Perform daily interaction with suppliers for all tactical issues such as PO maintenance, pricing, SCARs, revision control, T&Cs, PO text, invoices and expediting.
- Interface daily with receiving and inspection to prioritize parts per production requirements.
- Provide status to Production and Production Control concerning parts that are short to the kits or could be potential shortages. Expedite critically needed items as required.
- In charge of quoting Naval Contract Proposals.
- Planner Develops implements and maintains various manufacturing plans, Bill of Materials, Work instructions and illustrations to define and document as-built configuration.
- Develops manufacturing concepts and strategies to support business objectives. Develops and integrate suppliers, process, materials, data and technology to meet manufacturing and delivery requirements.
- Review and approves supplier data to ensure manufacturing are met. Provide productivity input to design, manufacturing processes and manufacturing technologies to meet cost and schedules.
- Develops integrated work statement and sequencing of events to support delivery commitments.
- Evaluate daily inventory levels and replenish stock as needed.
Configuration Control Documentation and Data Control:
- In charged of managing documentation control in accordance to company s requirements.
- Ensures documentation and data directly distributed to customer or vendor from Configuration and Data Management meets all exports security requirements.
- In charged of managing all the changes required by the customer or contract requirements. Finalize and validates submitted changes for processing for approval and notification. Overall documentation and revision analysis
- Reviewed all documentation submitted. Verified that the changes are permissible, correctly and accurately documented and all responsible parties are notified of the change in process. Data file vault Verified and validated the files vaulted for configuration control.
2005 to Present Buyer L- 3Communications, Philadelphia, PA
2003 to 2005 Buyer/Planner Element K Press, Rochester, NY
2002 to 2003 Configuration Control Element K Press, Rochester, NY
1999 to 2002 Customer Service Element K Press, Rochester, NY
1997 to 1999 - Radiology Technology/General Education
Inter American University, Ponce, PR
1999 to Dec. 1999 - ESOL Curses
Monroe Community College, Rochester, NY
2002 to Dec. 2002 - Basic Total Quality Control Rochester
Institute of Technology Rochester, NY
Currently - BBA Management
Strayer University, Philadelphia, PA
Additional Trainings and skills:
Specifications of Work (SOW)
Contractor Purchasing System Reviews (CPSR)
Microsoft Office Suite
Languages: Spanish, English and Portuguese
Nick Smith (Director of Operations) L-3 Communications
Allen Presley (Senior Buyer) L-3 Communications
Mobile: 215-688-1558 Email:
Joseph Crane (Project Manager) L-3 Communications