Director, Global Business Analysis
Deliver insightful, actionable and timely analyses to drive financial results for Marriott’s North American lodging business.Proactively identify and assess opportunities for increased profitability through return on investment and benchmarking analyses.Determine profitability and potential financial risk associated with new brand concepts.Manage periodic operating margin review process for all key lodging brands.Assist in the development of yearly operating margin targets.Supervise and foster development for one associate.
- Primary Finance department lead on the reorganization of the Sales & Marketing department for 85 hotels and regional offices in the Southern CA, Phoenix, and Las Vegas markets. Worked closely with multiple stakeholders in S&M, HR and Regional teams over 4 months to identify cost savings needed to $8M gap in business case.
- Lead in-depth analysis of controllable spending in Rooms, Food & Beverage, G&A, Repair & Maintenance, and Sales & Marketing departments designed to identify opportunities for margin improvement in comparable full service hotels. Analysis yielded potential, sustainable savings of nearly $45M through development of targeted metrics.
- Developed comprehensive, automated operating profit forecasting model in Excel which improved accuracy and decreased time required for the long range planning process.
- Performed detailed review of Ritz Carlton operations to determine actionable and sustainable recommendations to improve operating margin.Analysis identified $20M in potential savings.
- Assisted in the development of the business cases for multiple brand projects including the new JW lounge concept and the SpringHill Suites LEED prototype.
- Mentored 2 associates over the past year