Senior R&D Engineer
- Ownership of key Blink products from concept to launch.
- Netrometer: A $10 smartphone add-on lensmeter that replaces traditional lensmeters costing $2000+ while exhibiting superior accuracy. From whiteboard idea to software release and hardware manufacturing in 10 months including FDA registration. Netrometer was a key driver in closing a $4 million fundraising round.
- Netra: Led image processing, algorithm, and hardware controls development of Blink's portable eye refractor. Rapid hardware/software prototype iteration of 3D printed devices - typically a new version every two weeks. Algorithm improvement on over 1500 trial users in IRB approved studies.
- Moderated daily stand-up and weekly team meetings, ensured resource alignment, communicated project status, and tracked feature backlog using JIRA, Asana, in Agile workflow.
- Made evidence driven decisions on feature improvements by performing anonymized user studies and by analyzing behavioral and quantified user surveys. Applied user feedback to subsequent iterations until product requirements and quality thresholds were met.
- Created detailed and actionable product specs for team members.
- Lead author on two patents and co-author on another.