Web Developer / Systems Administrator
The Plus Company
I am currently the primary web developer and system administrator for SeDaTE, an online moderate sedation training course created by the Plus Company and the North Shore – Long Island Jewish Health System. The course has been used to grant privileges for moderate sedation for over 10,000 health care professionals.
My current duties at The Plus Company:
- Adding new domains to the company's co-located server to host new clients.
- Continuously updating the PHP, HTML, and MySQL used by the SeDaTE online training course.
- Making custom alterations to the product's PHP code and MySQL database to accommodate the needs of clients.
- Creating new PHP/MySQL scripts to automate common tasks
- Creating new graphics using Adobe Photoshop
- Creating new email accounts
- Answering customer calls and emails.
I have accomplished many things while working at The Plus Company:
- Completely re-vamped SeDaTE's PHP, MySQL and HTML.
- Added new technologies to the default SeDaTE template such as Flash and Ajax.
- Incorporated PayPal payment into a version of SeDaTE used by a reseller.
- Integrated a pre-existing user database into a PHPBB bulletin board so that members who create an account at the parent site automatically have an account on the bulletin board, thus eliminating the need to create the account twice.