I love to stay active and play just about any sport.
A career in the communications field (ie, Public Relations, Marketing, Advertising).
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong computer skills; proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, Adobe Photoshop, Macromedia Dreamweaver, CoolEdit and Final Cut Pro
- Experience working in a team setting as a Production Assistant at KSBY-TV and as a Promotions Assistant at American General Media; also, comfortable working and learning on an individual basis
- Experience multitasking several responsibilities while on a deadline as a Production Assistant in the newsroom at KSBY
- Strong verbal and written skills as a live on-air reporter at American General Media
- Enthusiastic, motivated and organized with strong interpersonal skills
- Experience marketing various radio stations during on-site promotional events as a Promotions Assistant at American General Media
- Experience on-site brainstorming and implementation of events
- Comfortable interacting with the public
- Experience promoting the stations through distribution of marketing tools (pamphlets, games, dissemination of information, etc.)
- Comfortable publicly representing the various stations in a business-like manner
- Selected, wrote and edited stories for daily news updates on three different radio stations at American General Media
- Familiar tailoring broadcasts to fit each stations specific demographics
Sep 2008 - Present
Responsible for the following accountabilities on any given day: camera operator, CG operator, server operator, taking video feeds from live locations and running the audio board. Oversee edit sessions of newscasts utilizing Velocity program. Creating news graphics on Adobe Photoshop 7.0.
Sep 2005 - Sep 2008
PGA Tour Correspondent
Responsible for weekly articles after PGA Tour events; opinion based writing on the event and/or future trends in golf.
Sep 2005 - Jun 2006
Cal Poly Correspondent
Worked as the correspondent for all Cal Poly sporting events; conducted interviews with players and coaches at weekly press conferences; reported on Cal Poly sporting events.
Produced, edited and wrote the scripts for the bi-weekly "Cal Poly Report," a minute long segment profiling Cal Poly sports. Proficient in the use of CoolEdit.
Jun 2005 - Sep 2005
Sports Media Intern
Responsible for logging various sporting events (baseball, football, basketball, etc.) and interviews; assisted in editing and writing highlights for sports newscast.