Palgrave Public School
Teaching Practicum (October 6th –November 3rd 2010)
- Enhanced student academic and social growth by using varied teaching strategies and techniques for kinesthetic, auditory and visual learners.
- Executed assessments for learning and assessments as learning in part of lesson plans and assignments.
- Built an exemplary relationship with students, staff and parents creating an environment of progressive learning with inclusion of all parties.
- Displayed commitment to knowledge of subject matter, teaching practice, implementing activities, managing students attention and communicating with the students.
- Tailored lessons to ensure that every student feels a sense of achievement and feels valued as part of the classroom community.
Teaching Practicum (February 3rd –March 10th)
- Created and designed unit plans that accommodated different learning styles in math, science and Language Arts.
- Designed and implemented a novel study with a student led literature circle that focused on engaging creative discussions about the book; Where the Red Fern Grows.
- Designed hands on science application about space, engaging and challenging students to think out of this world in creating their own space station and learning about life in outer space.
- Orchestrated a grade 2/3 gym class, implementing lessons in basketball and floor hockey; taught by example using varied techniques (drills and games).
- Displayed commitment and dedication by promoting and routinely utilizing recess and lunch breaks to work one on one with students who needed extra help.
- Participated actively in ski days making sure students attending where safe and accounted for at all times – as well as assisted with grade 4 & 5 girls basketball during lunch breaks.