Giant Eagle, Inc.
- Presented an integrated carbon emissions reduction strategy to senior management for grocery retailer representing over $8 billion in annual sales.
- Conducted GHG emissions inventory for 441 locations, exposed a 70% variance in store-based CO2-e/ft2 emissions, and identified opportunity to reduce emissions by up to 15%.
Food Marketing Institute
- Published "Carbon Footprint 101: A Guide for Food Retailers" whitepaper as the industry standard GHG emissions educational tool for FMI’s 1,400 members.
- Presented at 2009 FMI Sustainability Summit in San Francisco, CA.
- Press Release: http://live.psu.edu/story/39531
Penn State University, Procurement Services
- Created “Sustainability Scorecard” based on EPA Environmentally Preferred Purchasing and life cycle assessment (LCA) research, allowing client to rank janitorial paper suppliers.
- After a 3 year campaign, Kimberly-Clark and Greenpeace have agreed to form a partnership to integrate environmental metrics into business practices. They cited the Penn State study as a contributing factor.
- Press Release: http://www.tiny.cc/sustainableprocurement
Penn State University, Intellectual Property Office
- Developed go-to-market strategy for a carbon capture technology by analyzing electricity generation trends, defining carbon prices in multiple legislative scenarios, and estimating the carbon trading market size.