Chief Information Officer
I joined McGrathNicol as CIO with the autonomy to develop and implement a strategy to migrate a newly independent McGrathNicol to its own IT environment.
This project was delivered 3 months early and on budget.
As McGrathNicol had no existing IT environment (i.e. greenfield site), the strategy included all aspects of an IT environment, including:
• Hiring a team of 10 to manage the new McGrathNicol IT environment;
• Developing and implementing processes to support the operational environment using ITIL;
• Making decisions including:
o applications (Finance, CRM, Payroll/HR, Project management, Intranet/Internet);
o hardware (Laptops, Servers, SANs, Phone systems, Networking [routers & switches], Printers);
• Establishing relationships with key vendors, including negotiation of long term contracts with Microsoft, HP & Cisco.
In addition to the above my responsibilities as CIO included:
• P & L for the IT function.