CNBC, Englewood Cliffs, N.J.
Producer - Oct. 2011-Present
Newsmax Media, West Palm Beach, Fla.
July 2010-June 2011
Managing Editor, Newsmax.TV - Created the Newsmax bureau in Washington, D.C., where I spearheaded the video department's editorial/production vision; managed crews in D.C. and talent/production staff in Florida
- Supervised pre-production, post-production, and delivery of political, financial, and health news videos
- Advised executive editors on best practices to increase incorporation and deployment of video across Newsmax website properties, mobile and syndication outlets, and social media networks
- Hired, managed, trained, and assessed professional development of full-time and part-time employees
- Conducted search for a new online and mobile video vendor; indentified finalist after vetting competing bids based on strategic, technical, and revenue goals; worked on migration and implementation
U.S. News & World Report, Washington, D.C.
Jan. 2007-March 2010
Director, Video & Audio Production - Created award-winning video department at U.S.News & World Report, where I set the editorial/production agenda; managed video staff; trained text reporters to shoot video stories
- Supervised the migration of thousands of videos to a new online and mobile video hosting vendor, and spearheaded the deployment of the video solution across all U.S. News website properties
- Created and managed annual operating and capital budgets; supervised the purchase of equipment, including HD video cameras, lighting, editing software and hardware, digital audio recorders
- Managed Bureau Camera and relationship with feed providers to originate live remote TV interviews of U.S. News editors/reporters by national broadcasters from U.S. News offices in Washington, D.C.
- Managed Radio Room with ISDN line to originate studio-quality radio interviews from U.S. News offices
- Created the structure and supervised the maintenance of digital library of video and audio assets
WJLA, ABC 7, Arlington, Va.
March 2006-Jan. 2007
Producer, ABC 7 News at 6pm and Capital Sunday - Supervised, line-produced, executed editorial production of a live, Monday-Friday, local evening broadcast, and a recorded Sunday morning political talk show
- Controlled editorial content by choosing and assigning correspondents and writers
- Coordinated in-studio elements with live remotes; responded to breaking news
- Incorporated video, graphics; prioritized, assembled elements; executed timing strategies
- Identified and approved stories for promotional purposes
WRC, NBC 4, Washington, D.C.
Dec. 1998-March 2006
Producer, News 4 Today at 6am (April 1999-March 2006)- Supervised, line-produced, executed production of Emmy-nominated, top-rated, daily, live morning newscast; served as deputy morning newsroom manager
Producer, News 4 at 4pm (Dec. 1998-Apr. 1999) -Supervised, line-produced, executed editorial production of NBC 4's lead-off, live, local evening newscast
CNBC, Englewood Cliffs, N.J.
Nov. 1992-Dec. 1998
Power Lunch (Oct. 1997-Dec. 1998) -Supervised, line-produced, executed editorial production of CNBC's signature, national business and financial lifestyle program, airing live for two hours daily
Inside Opinion (Aug. 1997 - Oct. 1997) -Supervised, line-produced, executed editorial production of this daily, live national talk show, examining policy issues in Washington and their impact on Wall Street
Money Wheel (Aug 1996-Aug. 1997) -Supervised, line-produced, executed editorial production of this daily, one-hour national program, covering corporate and breaking stock market news
Personal Finance Special (June 1997-July 1997) -Supervised a team of producers in preparation, production, and execution of an eight-hour day of live, talk show and call-in programming
Supervising Producer, Before the Bell, which aired liveon CNBC; Producer, This Morning's Business, which aired nationally in syndication on broadcast network affiliates (Sept. 1995-Aug. 1996)