Accountant then General Manager
In this role I oversaw all aspects of the business operations of Hobby Co, New Zealand’s leading national distributor of trading cards and trading card accessories.
Some of the key accomplishments and responsibilities were;
- Management of customer’s accounts with annual sales ranging from 20K to 650K.
- Planned and executed a national marketing plan with a budget of 50K.
- Oversaw sales growth of 69%.
- Negotiated new contracts with overseas suppliers.
- Navigated complicated international business relationships.
- Oversaw logistics from, Europe, China, the US and Singapore and pushed for changes which drastically decreased delivery time.
- Hired four new staff.
- Negotiated new lease contracts.
- Overhauled IT system and process.
- Created lasting improvements to the business core competencies.