Director of Information Technology
Responsible for all technical hardware and services within the district. Included computers, servers, cameras, IPads, Chromebooks, POS, switches, AS/400 and others. Also, supported various software systems from Student Information System (SIS), POS, AutoCAD, and various educational software.
- Installed and moved to use of VMWare for increase applications and reduce hardware.
- Increased computer labs for 5 buildings by installing Terminal Servers with Thin Clients.
- Set up 3 new STEM - PLTW engineering labs at high schools with AutoCAD.
- Upgrade network WAN connections from T1 to 100 MB to new 1GB connections.
- Coordinated the technical and logistical aspects for two new school buildings and the relocation from 4 different buildings.
- Lead conversion to a new student information system, Infinite Campus.
- Initiate moving of board office to VOIP phone system and then moved to a new Shoretel VOIP system brought in with new building projects.
- Established as the first in-house Information Technology staff. Implemented procedures for Help Desk, PC upgrades, network monitoring, and general management and maintenance tasks.
- Set up and managed over 100 IPads for use in classrooms and specialized educational applications.
- Successfully reduce printers and usage will increasing use of cost effective copies with increase performance and functions.
- Set up and prepared Chromebooks and management console to support over 500 Chromebooks for testings and educational activities.
- Coordinated with erate vendor for the yearly erate processing.