CO-FOUNDER AND LEAD RECRUITER OF COMPASS RECRUITS SEARCH FIRMFocus on recruiting, sourcing, and interviewing the best talent for the top 50 IT companies in Canada. Developed all company policies, value proposition, and an extensive quality database of the top industry professionals.HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS• Billed $16,500 while developing Compass Recruits and landing multiple clients in the Retail, Insurance, IT, Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, and Hospitality industry.• Recently partnered with a talent agency with personal contacts at the top 50 IT companies in Canada, with a total of 300 clients to service and supply top talent to. • Developed a system of sourcing and ranking candidates that aligns with every job description that consistently made me successful in providing the top talent.• Results oriented and top seller mentality• Experienced in Account Management with Compass Recruits, Lexmark, and College Pro Painters• Resourceful and proactive in maintaining valuable and lasting relationships with clients and candidates.• Innovative in recruiting strategies. Develop and maintain “Toronto IT Jobs” group on linkedin.com with over 600 IT Professionals.
Telemarketer / Billing Agent
• Consistent in being the top outbound sales agent for Direct Energy and Enmax Energy out of a total of 50 employees assigned to the same clients.• Implemented an aggressive sales approach and strategy approved by Direct Energy and required for all other agents adopt that script.• Created competition within my workplace amongst other sales agents to push other employees to achieve higher sales.• Maintained the number one spot or number two spot in sales every week for a period of 19 weeks straight.
• Assisted the Branch Manager in all aspects of running a 130 car office• Marketed and gained new corporate accounts, maintained current relationships with regular customers, and provided excellent customer service.• Sold 65% collision coverage/damage waiver each month on average.• Serviced 6 dealerships, 5 bodyshops, and 4 major corporate accounts.
Jan 2009 - Present
Lead Recruiter and Account Manager
• Billed $16,500 while developing Compass Recruits and landing multiple clients in IT Retail, Insurance, Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, and Hospitality industry.• Gained over 10 new clients since January in multiple industries such as manufacturing, retail, pharmaceutical, hospitality, IT, sales, and advertising/marketing• Compass Recruits is my own company for clients with a focus on IT and the retail sector.• Developed and maintained a large database of IT and Retail candidates• Currently developing a strategic plan that is heavily focused on client growth, development, and sales opportunities and strategies.• Recently Partnered with a company with personal contacts at the top 50 IT companies in Canada with a total of 300 clients that are using our services to help refer top talent.• Focused on high level executives such as VP, CIO, CTO, CEO, Director level candidates.
Oct 2008 - Jun 2009
• Experience recruiting and interviewing for entry level positions to Senior Executive level (Director, VP, Project Manager)• Specialized in IT, sales, and marketing recruiting for clients in financial services, Government, the big four consulting firms, human resources, telecommunications, wireless companies, and retail.• Strategic in qualifying, interviewing, and prepping candidates to increase their chances of obtaining employment.• Developed a creative and innovative way of sourcing and ranking candidates in order to achieve and ensure only the top candidates entered our database, as well as being submitted to clients.• Took a quality over quantity approach to recruiting.
Feb 2008 - Oct 2008
District Sales Manager
• Managed a 57 store territory (Central Ontario) in staples, Future Shop, and Best Buy locations.• Specific territory spanned Mississauga to Orilla and everything in between.• Directly contributed to a 25% increase in sales in the first quarter ($85,000 more in sales)• Built strong relationships with Store Managers, District Managers, and Sales Representatives.• Responsible for coordinating and conducting formal trainings for over 300 employees in store per month.• Conducted PowerPoint presentations for all the employees of multiple store locations.• Negotiated and increased priority product placement for end caps, floor stacks, and other additional displays.• Responsible for general merchandising and running district-wide contests to increase sales.
2007 - 2008
• Exceeded sales targets by presenting customized solutions to fit the needs of each and every customer.• Averaged 40 new wireless sales and 55 upgrades/month.• Responsible for product knowledge, service, and campaign/promotional programs.• Provide after sale support by following-up as required and therefore maintaining customer loyalty.• Ensure customer conflict/concerns/objections were resolved in a timely manner.• Trained new employees on company procedures and policies.
2006 - 2007
Media Coordinator (Internship)
• Designing print and web advertising for major clients such as BMW, Acura, Toyota, Windsor Arms Hotel, and the City Of Toronto.• Coordinated Women’s Post interviews, artwork, writer biographies, photos, media kits, poster events, sales, and company website.• Responsible for the full layout of a twenty page newspaper that printed 4 times a month.• Designed, edited, and updated the newspaper’s website content once a week.• Handled all creative copywriting and advertising designing strategies for new business and returning business.• Collaborated with the Chief Editor of the Globe and Mail on tactics to improve our newspaper.
1999 - 2001
College Pro Painting
• Generated $100,000 in sales in the first year (4 months)• Created a successful marketing and advertising campaign to grow new business to achieve all sales goals for 2 years• Operated and owned my own successful painting franchise in the Peterborough West territory.• Trained and hired 30 full-time summer employees over 2 years.• Received an award for having 96% customer satisfaction rate (103 customers)