Director of Information Technology - Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indians 2012-Current
58620 Sink Rd. Dowagiac, MI 49047
- Create and lead Strategic Vision for the Tribe
- Evaluate and assess technology
- Implement Business Intelligence systems
- Update and improve network infrastructure
- Create IT policies and procedures for department/organization
- Provide customer service to all, departments, BCCs, and Tribal Council
- Work with partner companies to implement/update systems
Training and Development Specialist - Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indians 2011-2012
58620 Sink Rd., Dowagiac, MI 49047
- Abminister all facets of Success Factors-Review Management System
- Apprenticeship Program Liaison
- Leadership Training Facilitator
- Administer all facets of GeoLearning-LMS
- Identify the purpose for requested training, create needs analysis, assessment
- Develop and maintain Training Effectiveness Grids
- Implemented Honeywell System and Electronic Heath Records
District Technology Coordinator – South Haven Public Schools 2009 – 2011 554 Green St., South Haven, MI 49090
- Work with principals, department heads, teachers, and others involved with the district technology plan.
- Develop a cadre of school level technology leaders who will help implement the plan.
- Meet with school level technology leaders and technology committees for each school building in order to assist in implementation of the district plan as a school level.
- Facilitates staff participation in the evaluation and selections of new software, hardware, and materials to support instructional objectives.
- Develop a district technology resource center to be used by school level technology leaders, teachers, and students.
- Instituted “21 Things for the Twenty-First Century Educator” class.
- Pinnacle lead person for the district.
- Worked with Curriculum Director to align subject areas with Common Core and State Standards.
Teacher – South Haven Public Schools 2002 – Present 600 Elkenburg St., South Haven, MI 49090
Reestablished the wood working program into an award winning, safe learning environment, started with three student participants in the Michigan Industrial Technology & Educational Society (MITES), my first year to having more than 30 compete in 2010, with 20 of those advancing to the state and 7 placing in the top ten at state.
I accomplished my personal goal to create a competitive, award-winning and highly-safe Industrial Technology program within 5 years, including advanced furniture design and construction. Incorporated technology into the class curriculum using Moodle, a course management software to supplement student learning.
- Instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
- Identifies, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
- Assists in assessing changing curricular needs and offers plans for improvement.
- Maintains effective and efficient record keeping procedures.
- Provides a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis.
- Collaborates with peers to enhance the instructional environment.
- Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and community.
- Ensures that student growth and achievement is continuous and appropriate for age group, subject area, and/or program classification.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with students, parents, and schools.
- Assumes responsibility for meeting his/her course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Demonstrates gains in student performance.
- Participates in training and presentations about online teaching.
- Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.