Technology is my passion, and my goal is to make the career change that will allow me to utilize that every day. My time spent on Bloc's Full Stack Web Development program has given me the skills to make that a reality.
Proficiencies: Ruby on Rails, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, Git, Github, Rspec, Heroku
All sites are written in Ruby on Rails using Bootstrap front end and hosted through heroku.com. They also can be found at my portfolio: mattwhite.io
- https://mattwhite-bloccit.herokuapp.com/ - My first web app using Ruby on Rails. A reddit clone that utilizes Devise, AWS, Pundit and more.
- https://mattwhite-blocipedia.herokuapp.com/ - A wikipedia style app that utilizes Devise and Stripe to simulate a membership fee.
- https://mattwhite-blocitoff.herokuapp.com/ - A traditional style to do list app that utilizes a custom rake task to delete items older than 7 days.
Construction Project Coordinator
2014 - 2015
John Wieland Homes
- Act as an intermediary between builders and vendors to ensure that proper pricing and purchase orders are generated.
- Ensure all custom buyer design selections are entered properly into the database.
- Perform all resident IT duties.
Medical Records Technician
2014 - 2014
- Assist in process of digitizing medical records for local hospitals.
Customer Service Representative
2013 - 2013
- Facilitated the health plan enrollment process for Bank of America, CHI, and Thomson Reuters employees and their dependents.
Advertising Account Executive
2012 - 2012
ThinkSplot Design Studio
- Prepared custom presentations to give to potential clients – including both writing the script and designing the presentation itself.
- Worked inter-departmentally and directly with clients, relaying information between both groups and ensuring satisfaction on both sides.
Full Stack Web Development
Jan 2015 - Oct 2015
Learned fundamentals of web development including Ruby, Rails, CSS, and HTML
Health Policy and Management
Aug 2008 - May 2012
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Graduated from the Gillings School of Global Public Health