Director - Helion Cloud Shared Infrastructure Services
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Responsible for end to end IT infrastructure services for HPE Cloud R&D, and level 3 support for the HPE Cloud portfolio.. Developed data center infrastructure strategies that aligned to company core objectives. Managed the entire HPE Cloud organizations capital budget, applied fiscal controls that dramatically improved the operating budget from being more than 20% over budget YoY to operating within +/- 3%
- Provided strategic/tactical vision and planning along with daily management of staff consisting of 6 managers and 50+ individual contributors spanning 3 geographies.
- Manage $20 Million in annual data center Opex and $10-15 Million in annual Capex.
- Accountable for providing robust R&D infrastructure support and services for the HPE Cloud engineering BU's. Services include:
- Core boot strap services i.e. DNS, NTP, SMTP relay, PXE, LDAP, DHCP
- Hosting collaboration applications such as JIRA, Confluence, Hipchat.
- Operation , support and procurement of all hardware platforms
- Provide support and operation of all Storage and Networking infrastructure & Services
- Ensure infrastructure designs comply with corporate cyber security standards
- responsible for providing support and operation of HPE Helion Openstack managed private clouds for hosting virtual machine workloads.
- Provide necessary data center facility services, spare and power planning
- Accountable for providing first class Level 3 24 x7 customer support for the HPE Cloud (IaaS and PaaS) software portfolio. Products include Helion Openstack, CloudSystem, and Stackato