Vice President - Data Center Strategy & Operations
Citadel Data Centers LLC
End to end responsibility for capacity planning, construction, operations, product strategy and service delivery. Accountable for capital and operations expenditures.
- Develop data center design concepts that aligned to serving target customer workloads. and provide Citadel with market differentiation.
- Oversee new data center design, build and commissioning of Citadels first data center in Austin Texas - 21,000 sq.ft., 1.2MW Phase 1 modular design.
- Developed Citadels managed (STaaS) cloud storage product offering - generating $1.5M in new revenue in the first year.
- Set up strategic partnerships with other large REIT's to deliver >10MW of wholesale capacity to large enterprise clients in other markets.
- Lead the Data Center Operations team. Establish goals for Facilities, Security, NOC, and Technical Operations - metrics to gauge success. Assign the right people to the right jobs. Establish standard operating procedures and processes to ensure we met client objectives.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key Suppliers, Manufactures, and Partners to ensure that products and services meet set standards of quality and cost effectiveness.
- Managed the companies capital budget ($8M), headcount forecast and hiring plan, and Data Center operating budget ($6M)
- Communicate with clients on a regular basis to solicit feedback and improve our client satisfaction metrics. Engage with clients as a point of escalation, with specific responsibilities to communicate during significant service incidents.
- Developed standard processes & methodologies for service delivery and customer support leveraging a combination of Agile, Kanban and Lean Six-sigma practices.