To provide organizational leadership through high caliber sales management of IT systems, solutions & services
I am a highly accomplished, result oriented business professional with over 17 years of experience successfully managing IT sales of software applications & services in highly competitive and fast paced markets across different parts of the world. As a permanent US resident, I am currently seeking opportunities to extend my gifts and expertise in the US markets.
- Key account management
- Sales team management
- Channel management
- Corporate strategy
- Bid and contracts management
- Strong understanding of technology concepts and adapting them into customer’s business transformation needs
- Success in working in and through internal and external multi-ethnic teams
- Problem solving, analytical & negotiation skills.
- Strong and inspiring leadership ability
- Effective communicator – public speaking and presentation skills
- High integrity and commitment to excellence
- Fluent in English, Hindi and Arabic
Feb 2009 - Aug 2011
Strategic Accounts & Partnerships Division Manager
- Managed the sales process and won multi-million dollar contracts with the UAE Ministry of Interior to develop the region's first integrated, multi-nodal facility to deliver multi-agency government services. This project was won among global competition through a coordinated program involving some of the world's largest IT consultancy and services organizations including Wipro Consulting Services, E&Y and ADSIC.
- Authored and managed the Consulting Practices LOB (in partnership with Wipro, NCR, Cisco, Avaya, Xerox) to deliver IT products and services to some of the largest organizations in the region.
- Channel development: Acquired and retained a large partner/ re-seller network across the region that today accounts for over 65% of company revenues.
- Defined and attained revenue and GP goals as agreed with shareholders delivering consultancy and new technology offerings
- Increased wallet share from the top 40 accounts through enhanced multi-year MSA programs and by delivering consultancy and new technology offerings including from 3rd party vendors
- Direct organization sales and marketing strategies: Implement best sales practices, product led market segmentation, competition analysis, rain-making, increase in retention and yield per customer
2005 - 2009
Division Head - Open Text
- Awarded for the largest Open Text Global Fax over IP sales (2005, 2006, 2007, 2009)
- Won the company's best "Division Manager" award for 4 years running
- Conceived and built the Messaging business unit within the company to become the undisputed market leader in delivering enterprise document handling & delivery solutions in the Middle East. Grew market share from 30% in 2003 to over 90% in 2010.
- Hired, trained and developed the best managed sales team in the region that constantly over-achieved quotas between the years 2004 to 2010. The team eventually contributed over 55% of the organization revenue and 70% of the GP earnings.
- Expanded the company Major Accounts customer base by over 6 times with a recurring MSA billing of $9 million/year (total).
- Enhanced the quality of the Open Text relationship by conceiving and executing localized marketing and promotional activities, localized the product pricing strategy, improving the collections and payables metrics.
2000 - 2005
- Honored Three Times for being the fastest growing Global Open Text - FDDG partner in 2002, 2003 & 2004.
- Honored four times for achieving the 3rd Highest Sales among Open Text - FDDG global partners (2005 through 2008)
- Consistently over achieved territory revenue goals
- Conceived and executed a reseller strategy
1999 - 2000
Business Development Manager
Interconnect Network Systems
Managed the sales and business operations for the delivery of Certified Training Solutions from Microsoft, Cisco & Oracle. Setup the Dubai branch. Published a corporate magazine on the 5th anniversary of the company, that was distributed to over 200,000 corporates in the country.
1996 - 1999
Regional Sales Development Manager
DHL Worldwide Express
- Managed the sales operations to develop the region to become the fastest growing and one of the most profitable business units in the Asia Pacific region, through a team of 25 industry best sales professionals
- Responsible for devising strategies, conducting sales support programs, sales analysis and marketing programs.
- Successfully headed an operational task force to reduce company receivables (DOS) from 120 days to 70 days in 5 months. Reduced the company outstanding (from contracts) by about 30% of annual billing.
1995 - 1996
Assistant Manager – Channel Sales
Mobilink (Korea Telecom) Paging Services
Developed the dealer & franchisee network in the state.
1993 - 1995
TNT Express Worldwide
Front line sales & operations leader in the assigned territory and involved in key account acquisition, retention & management