Special Events Manager
March of Dimes
Special Events/Membership Manager
Minnesota International Center
2004 - 2011
2004 - 2009
University of Minnesota Parking and Transportation Services
Brought in to upgrade the University's image in transportation services; set it apart as the premier program provider in the country. Shifted customer dialog; changed outlook 180 degrees from viewing the department as merely a revenue collector to seeing it favorably as the best source to help plan their daily commute. U of M spokesperson; point person on crisis communications. Collaborated across matrixed institution; led or served on university committees with regional impact.
- Crafted an integrated marketing campaign that drove sales up 60% for the U-Pass.
- Launched a car-sharing program and let it to a utilization rate that was 15% above the department goal and 29% above industry average.
- Restructured department website and made it customer-centric by cutting navigation time in half and adding user-desired features.
- Averted a traffic nightmare after the 35W bridge collapse by forming and implementing, within 2 weeks, a multi-pronged communication campaign that gave people solutions for a major interruption to their normal travel patterns.
- Transformed marketing collateral into award-winners.
- Increased positive audience engagement by strengtheningdepartment brand.Was first to identify the need to re-align department logo with university standards.
- Re-engineered marketing research. Broadened audience capture by 500%. Initiated, produced and conducted the department's first ever multi-tiered transportation survey. Data was essential in planning for the TCF Bank Stadium and Central Corridor Light Rail projects.
- Executed annual marketing plans with an average savings of 23.5%.
1999 - 2003
Director of Marketing
RiverCentre / St. Paul Arena Company
Hired to revive the status of a multi-venue complex. Responsible for establishing a new venture into previously untapped market. Collaborated with public representatives and organizations, provided expertise on city-wide projects. Served a spokesperson. Reported to RiverCentre Authority Board.
- Positioned the new RiverCentre convention center into a crowded marketplace and secured 40 bookings that generated $100 million in economic impact for the City of St. Paul.
- Coordinated three Presidential visits. Liaised with national and local officials to manage event communication tasks.
- Originated new streams of revenue by developing advertising opportunities that earned $100,000 in its first year.
- Created national award-winning web site, sales brochure and sales video.
- Led planning of the convention center Grand Opening. Captured national and local media attention.
- Executed annual marketing plans with an average savings of 11%.
1997 - 1999
Assistant Director of Marketing
RiverCentre / St. Paul Arena Company
B2B & B2C Integrated Marketing | Strategic Planning | Product Launch and Positioning | Project Management | Budget & Forecasting | Process Improvement | Collaborative Relationships | Online & Email Marketing | Web Strategy & Content Development | Writing | Collateral Production | Creative Direction | Product Launch & Positioning | Market Research and Analysis | Public Relations | Client/Member Relations | Brand Management | New Business Development | Promotional Partnerships | Event, Meeting & Tradeshow Planning | Entertainment Marketing | Sponsorship Development | Professional Sports Sales
American Marketing Association
Minnesota Association of Government Communicators
Minnesota Interactive Marketing Association
Minnesota Women in Marketing and Communications
North Central Cleantech Open Gala & Expo - Event Planner, 2010-2011
Minnesota Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Association - Broad Member, 2004-2006
Capital City Trolleys - Marketing Consultant, 2004
St. Paul Citywide Community Education Advisory Council - Member, 1999-2002
Twin Cities Marathon - Aid Station Chair, Race Operations Committee, 1995-2005
Association of Convention Marketing Executives*
American Society of Association Executives*
Arena Marketing Conference*
- 2008 MAGC Northern Lights Award: Public Information Project, Special Event – for U of M response to the 35W bridge collapse.
- 2007 Commuter Choice Award, Outstanding Promotions for a Large Organization – for U of M response to the 35W bridge collapse.
- 2007 MAGC Northern Lights Award: Informational Brochure – for U of M Department Guide.
- 2005 IABC Pacific Plains Silver Quill Award: Publications Category – for U of M direct mail piece.
- 2005 IABC Pacific Plains Silver Quill Award: Writing Category – for U of M direct mail piece.
- 2005 Minnesota PRSA Classics Award: Feature Writing Category – for U of M direct mail piece.
- 2005 MAGC Northern Lights Award: Feature Writing Category – for IPI article on U of M transportation department.
- 2005 MAGC Northern Lights Award: Special Event Category – for Zipcar rollout at U of M.
- 1999 American Society of Association Executives Prima Awards: Third Place, Collateral Materials - for RiverCentre sales brochure
- 1999 Minnesota Association of Government Communicators: Award of Excellence – RiverCentre sales brochure
- 1999 Minnesota Association of Government Communicators: Award of Merit – RiverCentre website
- 1999 Minnesota Association of Government Communicators: Award of Merit – RiverCentre sales video
Chicken Vaccinator (Greece)
Leather Tanner's Assistant (Greece)
I’m a transformer who develops integrated marketing and communication strategies that grab target audiences and grow the company’s bottom line. My strength lies in the ability to plan, execute and measure results-driven marketing initiatives over a number of different industries. I’ve been recognized with 12 national and regional awards.
I am an event management expert in both corporate and non-profit settings including high profile events like NCAA Frozen Four and presidential visits.
University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
University of St. Thomas - Internet Marketing Essentials; Transformative Social Media Strategies (2010-2011)
University of Minnesota - Keys to Supervision, Motivating and Developing Staff, Resolving Conflict in the Workplace (2005-2008)