Jan 2012 - Present
Aug 2006 - May 2010
Bachelor of Science
University of Delaware
Dec 2010 - Dec 2011
Responsible for matching supportive invoices to procurement documents and verifying invoices for payment. Received and sorted documents, posted and reviewed for accuracy. Maintained accurate bank accounts based on the flow of money. Reported account balances daily to VP. Sustained a positive relationship with vendors. Handled multiple phone lines and customer inquires.
Oct 2010 - Dec 2010
Provided one on one customer service. Assisted customers in styling and their overall look. Took inventory hebdomadally, set up displays for merchandise, and organized garment racks. Accommodated customers in any needs that arose.
Jan 2010 - May 2010
Student Media Group
Administered high communication and interpersonal skills with clients. Presented and sold company products to potential clients. Prepared action plans to project the number of contacts to be made on a daily and weekly basis.
Short Term Goals:
- Graduate from The University of Alabama with a 3.3 GPA.
- While enrolled at The University of Alabama attain a job/internship working in the nutrition field, to gain experience and knowledge of what area of nutrition I would like to concentrate on
- Volunteer in a hospital
- Receive a scholarship for the 2012-2013 school year
- Attend the Food and Nutrition Conference & Expo 2012 in Philadelphia, Pa
Long Term Goals:
- Gain an internship post graduation that will offer graduate credits, while I complete my internship
- Pass the RD exam
- Become a member of the American Dietetic Association
- Join a Dietetic Practice Group that corresponds with my field of work
- Become a member of my state association of the American Dietetic Association
- Do research and publish a position paper
- Continuing my education and completing my PhD
- Have a long, stable career that allows me to improve the lives of others
Plato denoted a profession as; "The occupation ...to which one devotes himself, a calling in which one possesses to have acquired to others, or servicing them in the same art." This quote expresses my feelings on a career philosophy. I have a calling to help others and want to devote my life to the field of nutrition. I also believe that in practice our calling it is important to have a code of ethics that keeps both the interest and integrity of others and ourselves in mind. Ultimately, I believe a career should be a life long striving to better the community and ourselves.
MaryKate Sullivan attended the University of Delaware and received a BS in Fashion Merchandising and a minor in Italian Language. She is currently studying to get her BS in Food and Nutrition at the University of Alabama.
Member of Alpha Delta Pi Sorority.
"Established in 1851, Alpha Delta Pi is committed to sisterhood, values and ethics, high academic standards and social responsibility." (Alphadeltapi.org)
Working closely with the Ronald McDonald House Charities and families.