Alliance for Progress Charter School
Technology Teacher and Technology Integration Specialist
Currently serve as Technology teacher for the school. Lab is comprised of 27 iMacs bound to a server. I manage the machines and and student accounts through Workgroup Manager.
Lessons include projects on Internet Safety, basic Keyboarding practice, long-term research projects incorporating both tools like Diigo, SweetSearch, EasyBib and PowerPoint and including lessons on best practices for internet searches. Students also complete projects using Tux Paint (drawing program) as well as basic iMovie projects and GarageBand projects. Web 2.0 tools like Wordle, Storybird, Google Forms and Docs as well as JamStudio, Voki and Wikispaces have been used as well.
- Classroom Website:http://mshertzcomputerlab.pbworks.com
- Student Work Wiki: http://alliancestudentwork.pbworks.com
- We have a SchoolTube channel that houses some of our video projects.
- One of our 3rd grade classes completed a collaborative VoiceThread with a 3rd grade class in Massachusetts.
- We have a blog for the after school program some of our students do with the Urban Tree Coalition.
Wrote the technology curriculum and Acceptable Use Policy for the school and helped craft the school's E-Strategic plan for E-Rate funding. Responsible for supporting teachers with their technology needs and supporting teachers in integrating technology into their lessons.