Coalition for the Homeless, NYC
Social Services Intern, First Step Program
- Managed a caseload of 10 individuals, meeting weekly to discuss the client's goals and progress through the program.
- Facilitated group workshops to build soft skills such as; stress management, communication, conflict resolution, and problem-solving.
- Developed a set of group workshops to engage clients in discussions regarding identity and communication approaches.
- Delivered weekly information sessions detailing the program's curriculum
- Conducted intakes with potential clients, making assessments and writing up biopsychosocial evaluations; connected individuals to services outside of the program when needed.
- Assisted leadership in recruiting and outreach efforts, often at shelters throughout the five boroughs.
- Educated clients regarding city resources and systems; referred clients to services such as counseling, legal aid, adult education courses, and housing, advocating on the client's behalf when applicable.
- Maintained thorough client case history and wrote detailed reports.