Developed an extensive role in DRK Kitchens. The role consisted of the following
- Meeting with clients and draw on my cabinet maker and fitting experience and space dynamics experience to design furniture that meets their style and lifestyle needs.
- Arrange and carry out site surveys and advice customers on their best furniture, lighting and plumbing options.
- All contracts are drawn up by me. My responsibilities also include drawing detailed production plans, ordering, scheduling and managing all components (with anything up to 10 different suppliers).
Proud that we do very little advertising as most of our business is repeat and word of mouth business. We have also built strong relationships with builders and architects. It’s important for me to keep up to date with all new trends and products so I attend trade shows and research new products and suppliers to ensure our showrooms show a varied innovative product.
Initially my IT skills were self thought and developed from there were I’m still striving to improve my IT skills.
Since I started 10 years ago I have brought the business from hand drawn plans to computerised 3D photo realistic images to help the client to imagine there new kitchen.
In this business it is important to be able to impress customers with sleek packages and design images. Demonstrated an interest in IT and enjoy researching new innovations and try to implement into the day today running of the business. Administer and manage the Derek Reilly Kitchens website. Some of day to day roles were to
- Back up data.
- Update systems.
- Run scans.
- Research innovative add on's for our existing system.
Part of my role is also to manage office staff.
- Recruitment and selection.
- Performance assessments and reviews.
- Capacity planning