Primary responsibility is to drive simplicity in to enterprise process and systems. Responsible for enterprise search initiative, divisional intranet solutions development and deployment, extranet solutions, ECM strategy, Next-Gen content desktop.
- Deployed new enterprise search platform that enabled 90% improvement in search results.
- Developed and deployed divisional intranet solution to connect the Integrated Customer Experience organization with business partners and customers. Providing real-time KPI monitoring.
- Developed the ECM strategy to support the next-gen desktop for all customer facing employees.
MANAGER, Knowledge Management
Primary driver in ECM Strategy. Core of focus, content simplification, content life-cycle management with end-to-end process definition.Key driver in search strategy to support frontline employees.Key content analytics focusing on content value definition and usability.
- Developed and delivered the first strategy for the company around content creation to dissemination in an automated environment.
- Leading a team of 27 individuals in the content creation process focusing on content simplification, usability and re-use.
- Directly responsible for a team of seven individuals focused on content analytics, searchability and continuous process improvement.
- Drove infrastructure modifications to produce a 3.09 second reduction in search time, in the call center environment.
Member of the Enterprise Content Management Leadership Team. Active contributor to the enterprise strategy surrounding content management and enterprise portal.Developed and delivered numerous business cases for the support of T-MobileNews.com, ECM and Intranet replacement.
- Responsible for developing the overall organizational ECM strategy as part of the Enterprise Content Management Leadership Team.
- Developed and drove the first T-Mobile portal definition vision to drive process improvements in the frontline call center environment.
- Responsible for defining content value standards, defining the processes to enable the first content lifecycle in T-Mobile, and executing on the vast content cleansing process.