Paraprofessional- Assistant Teacher
New York City Education Department
- Aiding classroom teachers, occupational therapy, physical therapist, speech during instruction.
- One on one or small group instruction as outlined by the teacher.
- Assisting students in transitioning from one activity to another.
- Guiding and assisting students in small groups instruction settings with class routines and in transitioning from one activity to the next.
- Assisting students with ambulation to and from buses, classroom lunchroom, arrival and dismissal.
- Reinforcement of behavior through the use of positive behavior supports.