May 2007 October 2012
Assistant Restaurant Manager
- Led a series of server contests on upselling extra items that helped increase the average check amount by five percent.
- Developed new menu items and decided on specific items to feature as specials depending on the time of year, ingredient pricing and other promotions.
- Overhauled an inventory and ordering system to create a more cost-effective way to store and purchase new ingredients.
- Launched an employee training initiative to help address customer service complaints in service, reducing complaint numbers to fewer than two per day.
- Oversaw the weekly server and kitchen staff schedule and rearranged shifts and personnel to accommodate changes in business and staff strengths and weaknesses.
- Evaluated staff performance using a set of company standards and made recommendations for improvement or praise.
- Coordinated a new kitchen work schedule for employees and developed a different ingredient ordering system to help lower food cost by eight percent.
- Ensured that all staff members were committed to delivering top quality food by educating staff about menu items and portion sizes, which reduced meals being sent back by 10 percent.
- Maintained a hazard-free kitchen and promoted safe food handling practices to a staff of more than 43 employees.