- Provide cohesive coverage for any absent K-5 teachers or interventionists.
- Develop positive relationships with students and parents of the school in order to create a safe environment when coverage is required.
- Develop rigorous, clear curriculum and differentiated lesson plans.
- Effectively use a variety of data to guide lesson planning and implementation.
- Work with other educators and administrators as a team to develop specialized plans for students who have experienced trauma.
BA Sociology, Minor Italian Studies
University of Vermont
Flex Teacher - 4/5 Science and Social Studies Teacher
Soar Charter School
Aug 2014 Jul 2015
Elementary Assistant Principal of Curriculum
Instituto Thomas Jefferson- Campus Valle Real, Zapopan, Mexico
- Facilitated new Professional Development Program.
- Coordinated after school enrichment program.
- Offered workshops on the Project Based Learning approach to teaching.
- Provided continuous support to all Elementary teachers and students.
- Assisted in teacher training and monitoring including formal observations.
- Implemented and monitored school’s first standardized testing and training software, i-ready.
Aug 2013 Jul 2015
5th Grade Homeroom Teacher
Instituto Thomas Jefferson, Zapopan, Mexico
- Developed interdisciplinary PBL projects aimed at imitating real life challenges.
- Frequently monitored and assessed the learning of all students and adjust instruction to better meet their needs.
- Established and promoted a classroom environment that was safe, respectful, flexible, and conducive to learning.
- Created a space where students could be comfortable sharing their lives with each other and learning empathy and compassion.
- Fostered strong parent-teacher relations.
- Provided general support for the new members of the ITJ family during the founding year of the new campus.
Apr 2010 Aug 2013
4th & 5th Grade Homeroom Teacher
Instituto Thomas Jefferson, Tlacomulco, Mexico
- Collaborated daily with 5th grade teachers to develop differentiated, innovative curriculum and lesson plans.
- Incorporated technology and hands-on learning opportunities to foster creativity and critical thinking.
- Worked on the NEASC accreditation Curriculum Development Team.
Oct 2008 Jun 2009
Elementary English Teacher
Triumbundhit School, Pathumthani, Thailand
- Offered diverse, student-centered learning opportunities in a safe, supportive, and equitable learning environment.
- Designed and implemented a 2-day English Camp to develop enthusiasm for language learning.
Upper Elementary Inquiry Academy
Denver Museum of Nature and Science- Colorado School of Mines
Foundations and Applications of a Trauma-Informed Approach
Mount St. Vincent Treatment Center
Responsive Classroom Course for Elementary Teachers
Center for Responsive Schools
Diploma in Adolescent Psychology
UNIVA- Universidad de Valle Atemajac
Project Based Learning 101
BIE- Buck Institute for Education
Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocol
The SIOP Institute
American TESOL Institute
Certified Sea Kayaking Guide
Maine Department of Fisheries and Wildlife
Both led and participated in different size groups and committees throughout my teaching career.
Proficient in Microsoft Office, Googledocs, Web design, Prezi, Smartboard Technology, Edline, Rediker, and Moodle