- Created and implemented lessons for a diverse multi-grade classroom.
- Built strong relationships with families over multiple years.
- Utilized Responsive Classroom techniques in order to build a classroom culture of kindness and respect
- Worked with the other Elementary teacher to adopt new Social Studies and Science standards
- Blended the use of traditional ELA curriculum and Reading and Writing Workship methods
BA Sociology, Minor Italian Studies
University of Vermont
Upper Elementary Lead Teacher
Synergy Learning Academy
Flex Teacher - 4/5 Science and Social Studies Teacher
Soar Charter School
- Provide cohesive coverage for any absent K-5 teachers or interventionists.
- Develop positive relationships with students and parents of the school in order to create a safe environment when coverage is required.
- Develop rigorous, clear curriculum and differentiated lesson plans.
- Effectively use a variety of data to guide lesson planning and implementation.
- Work with other educators and administrators as a team to develop specialized plans for students who have experienced trauma.
Elementary Assistant Principal of Curriculum
Instituto Thomas Jefferson- Campus Valle Real, Zapopan, Mexico
- Facilitated new Professional Development Program.
- Coordinated after school enrichment program.
- Offered workshops on the Project Based Learning approach to teaching.
- Provided continuous support to all Elementary teachers and students.
- Assisted in teacher training and monitoring including formal observations.
- Implemented and monitored school’s first standardized testing and training software, i-ready.
4th & 5th Grade Homeroom Teacher
Instituto Thomas Jefferson, Zapopan, Mexico
- Developed interdisciplinary PBL projects aimed at imitating real life challenges.
- Frequently monitored and assessed the learning of all students and adjust instruction to better meet their needs.
- Established and promoted a classroom environment that was safe, respectful, flexible, and conducive to learning.
- Fostered strong parent-teacher relations.
- Provided general support for the new members of the ITJ family during the founding year of the new campus.
- Worked on the NEASC accreditation Curriculum Development Team.
Elementary English Teacher
Triumbundhit School, Pathumthani, Thailand
- Offered diverse, student-centered learning opportunities in a safe, supportive, and equitable learning environment.
- Designed and implemented a 2-day English Camp to develop enthusiasm for language learning.
4 Day Internship for Reading and Writing Workshop Method
Center for Teaching and Learning
Advanced Responsive Classroom Course
Center for Responsive Schools
Upper Elementary Inquiry Academy
Denver Museum of Nature and Science- Colorado School of Mines
Foundations and Applications of a Trauma-Informed Approach
Mount St. Vincent Treatment Center
Responsive Classroom Course for Elementary Teachers
Center for Responsive Schools
Diploma in Adolescent Psychology
UNIVA- Universidad de Valle Atemajac
Project Based Learning 101
BIE- Buck Institute for Education
Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocol
The SIOP Institute
American TESOL Institute
Certified Sea Kayaking Guide
Maine Department of Fisheries and Wildlife
Both led and participated in different size groups and committees throughout my teaching career.
Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Classroom, Prezi, Smartboard Technology, and Edline