Senior Lead Accountant
Ohio Transmission Corporation
Cost Accounting, Financial Analysis, Accounting Operations, GL Management & Account Reconciliation
- Oversight of the finance and accounting operations for Air Technologies. Work on a daily basis with the corporate controller to ensure all objectives are being met from a financial standpoint.
- Train and lead accounting group on all facets of the accounting cycle from cutoff tests to reconciliation to completing projects that can help create efficiencies.
- Monitor department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy. Tasks need to be continually reviewed to ensure they are needed and useful, based on our changing business and accounting requirements.
- Established a culture of teamwork and ownership as well as automating processes to improve accountability.
- Review month-end and year-end schedules as required to close the accounting periods including reconciliation, analysis, and G/L management.
- Project managed third party software packages for credit card processing and sales tax. Worked with our IT department and software provider to ensure accurate and timely implementation, including testing and roll-out.
- Segregated the accounting and finance operations between Air Technologies and OTP Industrial Solutions.
- Built relationships with the operations team to solidify our financial reporting. This included working closely during audits and communicating expectations from executive leadership.
- Assisted IT in creating a data warehouse to store all bookings, billings, and general sales reporting for the company.
- Created a training plan the accounting group. This outlined clear guidelines for each position and allowed for growth, which continuing to maintain proper accounting controls.