Dell Financial Services (DFS) is a $6+ billion captive financial services company founded in 1997. DFS facilitates Customer financing of products and services sold by Dell through consumer and small business revolving loans and fixed-term business loan and lease financings in the U.S.
POSITIONS HELD & SELECTED ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
Director - Sales (2008)
Led $1+ billion DFS Small Business Sales and Support organizations. Responsible for strategy development and implementation as well as day-to-day management of all aspects of Sales, Support and Business Analytics. Managed organization of 115.
- Directed the strategic assessment of Small Business direct sales organization structure. Re-design, including combining complementary organizations, resulted in $7+ million improvement in annual operating income.
- Short-term assignment primarily focused on the wind-down and transition of Small Business direct sales unit.
Director - Customer Financing, Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) (2006 - 2008)
Expatriate assignment in Dublin, Ireland to lead the development of customer financing capabilities in the Dell European business units. Primarily responsible for vendor selection, contract negotiation and relationship management of financial services partners. Also, directly responsible for day-to-day management of customer financing Sales and Marketing teams, including P&L targets, as well as oversight on business controls.
- Led strategic assessment of EMEA Consumer and Small Business customer financing structural options leading to decision to pursue pan-EMEA structure with single partner.
- Negotiated term sheets and operating agreements for pan-EMEA partnerships.
- Delivered 25% increase in Operating Income in first full quarter of assignment.
Director - Strategic Initiative (2005 - 2006)
Seconded to Dell Treasury to help lead the effort to develop customer financing capabilities in Europe, Asia/Pacific and Latin America. Primarily responsible for long range strategy development, vendor selection, contract negotiation and relationship management of Global partners. Also, responsible for supporting the transition of Dell Financial Services US Joint Venture to a Dell captive.
- Led vendor selection process in Japan, Southern Europe (France, Italy and Spain) and Benelux (Belgium and Netherlands). Negotiated long term exclusive contracts which resulted in significant increase in economics.
- Developed strategic framework and operating models to support long term strategic vision of migrating Dell International customer financing relationships to a captive organization.
- Supported integration activities for transition of Dell US Joint Venture (Dell Financial Services) to a captive organization, including negotiation of purchase price.
- Led the planning for transition of Consumer lending program for Alienware Corporation, a wholly owned Dell subsidiary, to Dell Financial Services.
Director - Marketing & Business Development (2004 - 2005)
Responsible for all Marketing, Business Development and Business Analytics functions for Consumer lending business with $3+ billion in annual sales volume. Managed a staff of 20.
- Led development and optimization of multi-channel marketing programs that grew repeat purchase volume 117% in first year from $300M to $650M in revenue annually.
- Led development and launch of first cross-sell fee income programs, including vendor contract negotiations. Credit Protection, Statement Insert, 3rd Party cross-sell and 3rd Party direct mail programs generated $3.6 million of fee income in initial year. Programs expected to ramp to $20+ million in operating income by year three.
- Justified and launched first Electronic Bill Payment program for Consumer business to improve customer experience and open new marketing cross-sell channel. 100k customers enrolled in first quarter.
- Built and led Business Analytics team to support all data retrieval, operational reporting, business analysis and marketing analytics for entire spectrum of Consumer lending business.
Director - Sales & Operations (2002 - 2004)
Responsible for all Sales, e-Commerce, Operations and Business Analytics functions for Consumer lending business. Managed a staff of 80.
- Grew revenue 282% from $680 million to $2.6 billion and financing penetration from 18% to 38%.
- Led integration of Consumer private label program product merchandising and functionality into Dell.com online sales channel.
- Led Dell Financial Services integration into multiple new Dell Consumer Sales locations including both domestic and international locations.
- Led automation and BPI (Six Sigma) efforts in Consumer Operations group resulting in 100% headcount reduction during period of 282% revenue growth.
- Named Dell Financial Services Consumer Employee of the Year in both 2002 and 2003.
Controller (1999 - 2002)
Responsible for managing P&L, operating expenses, financial planning & analysis and business analytics for Consumer lending business. Managed a staff of 4.
- Built business cases and pro-forma P&L’s which resulted in the conversion of Consumer lending business from Installment Loan program to Private Label Credit Card.
- Developed and launched first deferred interest special credit promotion program for the Dell Consumer business. Included developing the economic analysis, funding strategy and planning operational execution. Presented program details and secured approvals from Dell, Inc. CFO and Treasurer as well as DFS and CIT Senior Executives.
- Built budgeting/forecasting, P&L management and operational reporting processes that supported growth of Consumer business from $285 million to $680 million in annual revenue.
- Group won forecasting accuracy award for all DFS sales segments 10 of 12 months.