Program Management, Systems Engineering, Sales Engineering, Product Development
Information Technology manager skilled at delivering solutions in competitive, customer-centric environments. Comfortable and confident in developing & presenting strategies, plans, and complex technical information to clients, management, and staff. Broad range of experience that includes providing products based on combinations of Commercial Off-the-Shelf /COTS and custom design components in all phases of the product life-cycle from concept to replacement.
* Product, Project, and Program Management – negotiating cost, schedule, and technical performance goals
* Security Clearances – Current Top Secret/SSBI/SAP; previous clearances include TS/SCI and DOE-Q/Munitions
* Technology – Computing Infrastructure, high availability networks, ad-hoc wireless networks, software design & development, test & integration, manufacturing engineering
* Master’s degree in computer engineering with emphasis in data mining
Manufacturing Test Software Engineering
Systems and Network Engineering; Manufacturing Software Test Engineering; Client Liaison
* Escalation support engineer responsible for network field integration and troubleshooting for telecom customers. This required the ability to recreate customer facilities for troubleshooting and diagnosing root cause without impacting operational facilities, and the ability to quickly defuse customer anxiety.
* Developed electrical/circuit card test stations for prototype, manufacturing, and final assembly of commercial and military grade datacom equipment (including T1/T3 and POTS). These stations included: Interface testing to standards and boundary conditions (FIREBERD, protocol analyzers, JTAG); Low voltage microelectronic component testing (Oscilloscopes, voltmeters); and HiPot compliance testing.
Skills: Networking; Local Exchange Carriers/CLEC/CO/CP; Object Oriented Design; Automated Test Equipment (GenRad, Teradyne); JD Edwards; FoxPro; Microsoft Access; SQL; Configuration/Build Management; C, Visual Studio/Visual Basic/ActiveX; ISO certifications
Product Development Manager
Project Manager, Systems and Network Engineering and Integration; Software Engineering; Sales Engineering
* Developed partnerships and coordinated comprehensive solutions that included business model analysis, training, marketing, and call center development. Single source solutions focused on reducing costs and increasing customer satisfaction. Efforts concentrated on network operations, software development, and systems integration.
* Authored white papers and created training courses in software engineering, network design, and competitive trade studies to standardize client presentations, processes, and development environments.
* Developed requirements specifications, test plans, installation verification plans, and Operations and Maintenance procedures for deployed software and network systems.
* Tested commercial grade Wi-Fi equipment for security, interoperability, distance, and interference limitations for deployment within high-traffic environments including hotels and other business establishments. Testing was especially focused on interference limitations because of the non controlled nature of the environments.
* Designed Local Exchange Carrier and Customer Premise integration test beds for commercial network deployments. These test beds required OSHA compliance and employed test equipment including FIREBERD communications analyzers, protocol analyzers, oscilloscopes, cable testers, and standardized endpoint devices.
* Created embedded assembly line software system for heavy equipment final acceptance testing that included an electrical interface test bed with frequency, pressure, and temperature transducers.
Skills: Riverstone Networks; Local Exchange Carriers/LEC/CLEC; transducer protocols; device control; Grayhill; Iconics/Genesis32/VBA; Pascal; Electronic Data Interchange/EDI; Artificial Intelligence/AI; NeuralWare Predict
2004 - 2008
Engineering Manager/IPT Lead
Integrated Product Team Leader (IPT Lead) – Computing Infrastructure
* Integrated product team lead focused on Computing Infrastructure associated with Airborne Battle Management Command and Control system (E-10A/MC2A/BMC2/INF).
* Managed geographically distributed team of 30 engineers. Control Account Manager for $7+M/year, $50M/contract (Earned Value Management System, EVMS/CAM). Interface for government, customer, teammates, and vendors.
* Contributed to creating integrated master schedule (IMS), requirements documents, and design reviews for Technology Demonstration Program (TDP). Reviewed and approved system level documents, authored systems architecture guides, Software Requirements Specifications; Integration, Verification, and Validation plans, technical and financial schedules, customer presentations, and after action reports.
Systems Engineering Manager – Network Centric Operation
* Engineering manager for distributed network operations center (CAFDMO). Focused on network engineering, security operations, deployment & integration, and network operations center management (NOC).
Senior Systems Engineer (Lead Systems Integrator/LSI) – Wireless ad-hoc network systems
* Managed full-lifecycle ad-hoc wireless sensor network solution in a Lead Systems Integrator role (SETA/LSI for DARPA NEST/Network Embedded Systems Technology). Proximal and stand-off sensors included acoustic, seismic, magnetic, infrared, and image. Program goals included providing an off-the-shelf end-to-end Track Management solution that can be brought to market by a transition agent.
* Decision maker for systems architecture. Primary Point of Contact for vendor and customer interfacing. Negotiated contracts with manufacturers, subcontractors, and customers.
* Responsible for requirements specifications, project planning, systems integration, field testing, and assessment reports. Program responsibility included product & project cost, schedule, and technical performance.
Skills: Program & Project management; EVMS/CAM; scheduling; cost factoring against requirements; cost control; requirements management; risk planning & mitigation; team management, Network Operations Center; Operations & Maintenance (O&M); Ad-hoc wireless sensor networks; policy establishment and review; customer/vendor liaison; systems definition; contract negotiation; sensor testing and selection; Interface Control Document